miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /  

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by ... etc.

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next »

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 19 Mar 2003 23:36 
Hello!
Just installed, and am updating the way the miniBB looks for our branding, and I'm getting the following error message anytime a post to the forum is made:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/engenic/public_html/devnet/skins/default.php:1) in /home/engenic/public_html/devnet/index.php on line 263

Can someone help? I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!
Tanya

Author gomez
#2 | Posted: 29 Mar 2003 05:52 
Whenever I post anything, a topic or reply, I keep getting this message:

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gomez/public_html/minibb/setup_options.php:84) in /home/gomez/public_html/minibb/index.php on line 114

The post gets saved, but the message above is all I see after I press the "Post a Topic" button.

Why is that and how can I fix it?

Author Team
8-)
#3 | Posted: 31 Mar 2003 10:07 
There might be an error in config - for example, if you leave empty spaces after ?> or before <?

Author Anonymous
#4 | Posted: 6 Jun 2005 17:22 
Hi ive been running minibb for a while now and everything has been working fantyastically well.

But now i keep getting the folling errors

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wandptrainuk/public_html/forums/index.php:1) in /home/wandptrainuk/public_html/forums/bb_cookie.php on line 80

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wandptrainuk/public_html/forums/index.php:1) in /home/wandptrainuk/public_html/forums/bb_cookie.php on line 70

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wandptrainuk/public_html/forums/index.php:1) in /home/wandptrainuk/public_html/forums/bb_func_login.php on line 52

this happens when i log in

can anyone help

Thanks

Ben

Author realitybytes
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 6 Jun 2005 17:28 
remove any space you have at the top of index.php or text that should not be there.

It should start <?php no spaces no lines etc, make sure there is nothing in front of <?php

As well there should be nothing after the ending ?> tag.

Author Anonymous
#6 | Posted: 6 Jun 2005 17:32 
thanks very much!

there was a space before <?php

great support, great board!!!

Author quawn
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 8 Jun 2005 01:49 
I have uploaded the 2.0 cht.php file into the server.
and I modified it to utf-8 (it was big5)

However, everytime when I was trying to post, it keep giving me this message.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/lang/cht.php:1) in /home/index.php on line 201

If I set it back to big5 chinese or english, that is totally fine...

Iam sure there is no space in front of <?

What's the problem? Could anyone kindly tell me?

Thanks!

Author Team
8-)
#8 | Posted: 8 Jun 2005 12:57 
So, there is a space, you only don't see it. If you have used Notepad or some another UTF-8 editor, they leave 3 bytes for UTF-8 signature at the very top of each UTF-8 file. For removing these bytes, you need plain text editor like Metapad, for example. Or try Notepad 2.

This is how it looks in Metapad:

UTF8 signature in plain text files - Metapad

You may notice 3 suspicious bytes in front of PHP tag. This is the UTF8-signature.

This is what you should have in Notepad2:

UTF8 signature in plain text files - Notepad2

NOT SIGNATURE> REMOVE SIGNATURE WITH NOTEPAD2!

Author quawn
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 8 Jun 2005 14:02 
OH MY GOD...
It works....

Cos i was using EMEditor....I think that's why...
Thank you so MUCH!!! It's extremely helpful!!!

Author Karel Young
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 9 Jun 2005 12:49 
I had a Second <?PHP Tag in one of my files, causing no end of problems!

Thanks
This Really Helped! :D

Author Anonymous
#11 | Posted: 24 Jun 2005 00:17 
Cleaning up extra spaces worked for me. Thank you very much!

Matt Anderson

Author Anonymous
#12 | Posted: 12 Jul 2005 01:03 
cleaning up the extra spaces is honestly something i would never have thought of. thanks so much for this tip. brilliant.

Author Anonymous
#13 | Posted: 21 Jul 2005 14:00 
I get several Header errors on my forum.
After creating a poll, after deleting a poll etc.
Also if you delete forum posts.

Here is the output after deleting a poll:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/khitai/khitai.com/includes/header.php:8) in /hsphere/local/home/khitai/khitai.com/forums/hack_poll.php on line 141

I'm sure there are no empty spaces before the <?php tag.

Any help would be dearly appreciated as some of my users are annoyed by this.

Author Team
8-)
#14 | Posted: 21 Jul 2005 15:50 
So, there is any another output then. There must be NO OUTPUT in your includes/header.php before the necessary action.

Author Anonymous
#15 | Posted: 4 Aug 2005 21:51 
I got a similar message and cleared it up by looking at the message.

From what I can work out,

"output started at /hsphere/local/home/khitai/khitai.com/includes/header.php:8"

means that you should look at line 8 of the header.php file. Look there and see what is going on.

In my case it was a couple of line breaks but the reson I hadn't noticed before-hand was that they were after the closing ?> tag of the include.

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /
 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by ... etc.
 Share Topic's Link
 Visit: online pokies nz

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑