miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

ban hyperlinks in messages from new users?

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 13 Jul 2014 11:01 
I am sure this must be possible, but I can't find any info on this - have read the manual and tried searching the help forums.

When a new user registers and posts their first message I want to bad any hyperlinks - this to stop manual spammers.
(We are using pre-moderation for new users)

I'm happy for hyperlinks to be used by regsitered users.

Steve

Author kuopassa
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 13 Jul 2014 11:33 
miniBB's manual has this;

$allowHyperlinks=10; mandatory option; if greater than zero, it means hyperlinks will be allowed for members only who made not less than $allowHyperlinks postings. If set to zero, hyperlinks will be automated also for guests. By hyperlinks, we mean highlighted URLs in postings: when you post anything beginning from http:// , or www. or enclosed in [url][/url] BB codes, it is converted to a clickable hyperlink.

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 14 Jul 2014 15:05 
How did I miss that???

Thanks for the direction!

I also found I had not installed the 'minibb_plugin_antiguest' option...
So me dumb all round really!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 14 Jul 2014 15:15 
Yes, this or that, or both could help in this :)

Author sonamroy
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 13 Sep 2018 12:35 
so what.???? moderation filter are uses by maximum forum sites..

Author Limey
#6 | Posted: 21 Sep 2018 19:41 
I hate it when guests do that...bloody awful l it is mate

Author MasonFinley
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 11 Feb 2019 16:19 
Majority of them wants to promote our brand and try to create a back link which is not related to the discussion. I think, the best way is to stop such kind of users that the forum does allow links for new users.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 11 Feb 2019 16:32 
MasonFinley:
the forum does allow links for new users
I suppose you've meant does NOT allow links for new users, and this is exactly how it's done in default miniBB, and additionally could be configured in the Anti-Guest add-on.

Author VeronikaVokurkova
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 8 May 2019 22:21 
I hate it when guests do that...

Author surajbag948
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 14 May 2019 15:18 
Every forum site don't allowed to user create a link, i don't know what reason is behind this.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#11 | Posted: 14 May 2019 15:28 
surajbag948:
Every forum site don't allowed to user create a link, i don't know what reason is behind this.
The reason is quite simple: prevention of spam. If a forum would open a possibility to any new user (generally, a guest) to put hyperlinks, all moderation efforts would be done to cleaning off such messages each day. Because 99% of messages containing hyperlinks, are not related to the forum contents at all. So basically, on each forum, including miniBB forum, there is a strict prevention of posting hyperlinks - a member should prove s/he is posting a related content; and we also strictly limit new members on posting new messages per day. I suppose, if you came here just to post a message with an unrelated hyperlink, you have 0% of chances of it being posted kept.

Author sonamroy
Partaker
#12 | Posted: 18 May 2019 09:41 
i don;t care, i am also a new user,one day i also become a trust user. for this site,
yes its quite tough for moderator to identify that ,user is spammer or not.

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 ban hyperlinks in messages from new users?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑