Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Allow some urls for guest posting?

Author Batu
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 1 Oct 2017 14:50 
Hey all,
Is there any simple way to allow some urls for guest posting? I want to create a safe environment so I'd like to have some control over the urls posted by guests and allow some major sites and block the rest. Thank you.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 2 Oct 2017 05:14 
It depends on what kind of URLs you'd like to allow. Do you mean hyperlinked URLs? By default, miniBB wouldn't allow to post hyperlinked URLs until the certain amount of posts is riched. This is definite, and only a customized code would change this approach.

In other words, please explain how do you see "URLs for guest posting" in action.

Author Batu
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 2 Oct 2017 13:32 
Hyperlinked urls for sure. I'd like my guests can post youtube urls but not blablablabla.xyz type of urls.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 2 Oct 2017 21:38 
Currently, we don't have such add-on or feature. If you have just a few of allowed domains/URLs, then there could be an easy way to program an addition to bb_codes.php which would allow to "hyperlink" such URLs disregarding the $userUrlsAllowed rule. Also, there is a way to add kind of special BB-code button(s) for such a few domains, introducing just a new BB codes which would work for everyone incl. guests.

However if you would like to have a rich library of such URLs, there would be more complicated code/add-on which we don't have at the moment. But I could think it of and you could be the proud sponsor of it in terms of our regular fees.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Allow some urls for guest posting?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑