Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author rodzlagus
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 15 Jul 2017 01:38 
any talk about cryptocurrency here.?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 15 Jul 2017 19:32 
It was time to talk about it when nobody trusted BitCoin could cost two thousands dollars :)
As usually, only a few "lucky men" (who knew how and were able to) got into the flow and now they are millionairs... that's mostly all about talking.

In general, if you'd like to talk about the currency, let's clarify what the currency is... It's a money system of one country in relevance to the money system of another country. If so, what is a "crypto currency"? What is this "currency" related to, one algorithm to another?..

Author Guest
~
#3 | Posted: 18 Jul 2017 15:22 
My thoughts are, the crypto-currency is more about making it out of the government's control. It doesnt have central institution which issues it, it's more likely a "money torrent" project.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 23 Jul 2017 21:29 
It would be a great idea, but you can not skip the Government. If you pay your appartment or house service rent, incl. electricity, water and sometimes gas expences, you could never pay it in virtual currency, because Government will never accept it in their accounting. NEVER. Yes, you could pay, in virtual money, some private services which may accept it, but it ends in Government money exchange anyway.

Now let's imagine there are no countries, no governments, and no "static" currency - so everyone switches to the virtual currency. Then there will be more virtual (crypto) currencies than now there are countries. As proposed by a crypto currency, it is limited.

But think carefully, it is limited not to its own - it's limited to the human kind.

Author tekcomm
#5 | Posted: 3 Sep 2017 01:36 
Lol, Its funny that you mentioned that I am a firmware dev for asic miners and I just opened a support forum for newbs :)
I already added google CAPTCHA V2 support to the beta and I'm adding widgets for mining pools, currency exchange rates and a few other things. You can check out the forum. I just installed it tonight and write the captcha widget.

There is also a addon to the footer that gives you the current btc price.

Its a funny story 34 years ago a company called where I was programming databases and wanted us to talk to us about a new product. I was told to say that we where not interested and hang up. I hung up on Bill Gates. The owner of that company still jokes about it. I heard Billy say he expected btc to hit at least 5000 by the end of the year, sure enuff they did. Interesting fact is they are only up 26% since the dot com bust and they have a long way to go. Here what I say when people ask about crypto currency. Imagine if everyone knew every serial number on every dollar, 10 dollar,50 dollar and 100 dollar. Which since the design of btc is a peer distributed ledger it does. You eliminate counterfeiting. That is something no currency, not even gold can say :)

Here you can checkout the CAPTCHA and crypto mods here.

minerforum . biz. tm

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 4 Sep 2017 19:32 
tekcomm:
Imagine if everyone knew every serial number on every dollar, 10 dollar,50 dollar and 100 dollar. Which since the design of btc is a peer distributed ledger it does. You eliminate counterfeiting. That is something no currency, not even gold can say :)
But I guess, the serial numbers of dollar banknotes are limited? Let's say 100-dollar prints start with 2 latin letters following by some 8-digits number and ending with a latin letter. This will generate an incredible large amount of combinations, but this amount is easily calculated and definitely limited.

So, what's the sense of crypto-currency - is it about having a limited amount of combinations which are not covered by something material, and of course which are not even covered by gold? Then the dollar is already here... But at least you could touch it by fingers, at the time crypto-currency is just about imagination ;)

Thanks on your job done on re-captcha, I'll try to check it in the nearest time.

Author The Doctor
#7 | Posted: 6 Sep 2017 11:19 
one word. Counterfeiting.

So, what's the sense of crypto-currency - is it about having a limited amount of combinations which are not covered by something material, and of course which are not even covered by gold? Then the dollar is already here... But at least you could touch it by fingers, at the time crypto-currency is just about imagination ;)
You can buy gold with btc. More important its backed by something more important then gold something that the entire human race spends more time with then there family, pets. Its backed by Microsoft in the US. In China its backed by the largest seller of consumer electronics, Newegg. Also in july, the chinese goverment (allowing no withdrawals) shutdown every btc exchange for a month, to do analyses of the situation. They reopened them all after a month and announced that they were going to allow btc to be used for there stock exchange due to the ease of use.

You can argue for or against it but either way, The genie has been released from the bottle and is not going back in.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 6 Sep 2017 12:34 
The Doctor:
You can buy gold with btc.
Ok - could you please point us to some live and real places, may be websites, which allow to exchange btc to real gold? How would it happen? Does someone need to have kind of virtual account somewhere like on the stock exchange? I mean, I'm not quite sure how a newbie could enter this world. You're right, it's like a Genie, to see him you need to "rub a lamp", not sure how to do it properly.

The Doctor:
Its backed by Microsoft in the US
Really? Never heard about it. I've searched by "what is backing bitcoin" and the very first answer was:

Wondering what bitcoin is backed by? The answer is nothing at all, but that's actually not a bad thing. Like most modern currencies bitcoin is not backed by gold or other precious commodities. In a sense, bitcoin's value is derived from our common belief that bitcoin has value.
BELIEF? You're kidding...

Author tom322
#9 | Posted: 6 Sep 2017 18:20 
I don't believe in bitcoin - even if it reaches 10K, it's going to fall like a house of cards.. to zero. True - some old speculators will make a lot of money in the meantime, but these are the few; the rest are going to lose (especially if they enter the game now).. I'd rather buy canned food and water :}

Author Guest
~
#10 | Posted: 6 Sep 2017 21:36 
If you look deeply, millions of computers in the world are affected now by "mining" programs, the same happened years ago, but with another programs, which were sending tons of spam through various networks. Those years you didn't suspect your PC is sending spam, nowadays you may not suspect your PC is generating BTC. It's all about the same trend - *real money*. Someone rich said: OK, you lower down the power of some part of PCs in the world, I give you the money for this. You eat the electricity, you eat the power, I give you real food and goods for this. BTCs ARE Devil. This is what finally will destroy the computer world, and if it will destroy the computers, it will destroy the real world. Welcome to The End.

Author juliedelgado
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 21 Dec 2017 09:32 
Cryptocurrency or crypto currency is a trending worldwide payment system. It is a digital currency created as a medium of money exchange digitally it uses cryptography. It provide secured transaction, control additional units and verify the transactions of assets.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#12 | Posted: 22 Dec 2017 01:15 
juliedelgado:
Cryptocurrency or crypto currency is a trending worldwide payment system. It is a digital currency created as a medium of money exchange digitally it uses cryptography. It provide secured transaction, control additional units and verify the transactions of assets.
Thank you VERY MUCH for a VERY useful information we didn't know earlier. But I have a note. "Cryptocurrency" is about trust and not goods. Cryptocurrency is measured in USD which is as well about trust NOWADAYS.

So, let's speak about 1 liter of pure clean water to drink. How much does it cost in USD? In BitCoins? In EUR? In some other governments' currency issued?

Now. How much does it cost in regards to YOU?

That's the question answered.

Author tom322
#13 | Posted: 23 Dec 2017 00:11 
Bitcoin.. it's like announcing to the 7 Billion of people there are 21 million of numbers that will never be increased and are running in a secure web cloud. The sheeple / pokemons believe the hype and by logic the 'price' skyrockets. Until dozens of new 'competing numbers' appear. There could be 21 million different cryptocurrencies in the future. I'd prefer liters of clean water, warm clothes, and meat instead ;)

Author Guest
~
#14 | Posted: 24 Dec 2017 00:54 
In-vest in Hay Day bonds. They are way more trusted by millions of kids 😁

Author tom322
#15 | Posted: 8 Jan 2018 06:46 
Is this what a future placeholder on bitcoin.org and other "popular" crypto-currencies is going to look like? History likes repeating itself:

Mt. Gox was a bitcoin exchange based in Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan.[1] Launched in July 2010, by 2013 and into 2014 it was handling over 70% of all bitcoin transactions worldwide, as the largest bitcoin intermediary and the world's leading bitcoin exchange.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mt._Gox
https://www.mtgox.com/

It now appears a manufactured "hack" could steal all bitcoins from users and guess what - there are no regulations, no authority to complain about (maybe except for your local sheriff).

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 cryptocurrency
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑