miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Multi User, Full Feature Php Chat addon for minibb 3.3 beta (NEED TESTERS)

Author tekcomm
#1 | Posted: 3 Sep 2017 19:23 
Hi Everybody,

I could not find a multi user chat system to integrate into minibb so I created a new add on and I need some testers its running on the beta. Its free GPL. It adds the following features to minibb.

Easy-to-install, easy-to-use multi-room PHP/DB chat. It is currently available for MySQLi, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, and ODBC. It supports IRC-like commands, moderators, is available with 24 languages and fully compatible with php7.

Categories
Chat
License
GNU General Public License version 2.0 (GPLv2)
Features
UTF-8 compatible
php7 compatible (7.1.1)
MySQLi compatible (5.7.17)
MariaDB compatible (10.1.21)
Live streaming Radio/TV plugin (HTML5 Media Player)
Country Flag mode
Statistics mod
ProgramE (Alice AI) bot
Gravatars mod and Avatars uploading allowed
Archiving (logging) & Lurking mods
Smilies, buzzes and image posting
Off-line messaging mod
Remember me
Calendar mod
Birthday mod
Video posting (Youtube+195 sites)
MathJax plugin support

Author Professor
#2 | Posted: 3 Sep 2017 19:24 
Oh and its free, As in buy me a beer when you see me pop out my blue box.

The Doctor

Author Professor
#3 | Posted: 3 Sep 2017 22:29 
Yes and thanks to the magic of triggers there is one registration across all the addons ;)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 4 Sep 2017 19:15 
Ok - you need testers - but where could we test your chat?
Do you have an URL or at least the package we could try out on our end?..

Author The Doctor
#5 | Posted: 4 Sep 2017 23:12 
Here ya go paul, I can't register my address gmail . com for some reason on the forum here.

This is the url. I created a single trigger that when a user registers on the forum it creates / registers the user on the chat ;) Also. I have done some neat stuff before with cross database triggers so it only took one like. Take out the spaces.

minerforum . biz . tm/index.php?action=chat

Author The Doctor
#6 | Posted: 4 Sep 2017 23:17 
Once I clean and test the code I will upload it to github this weekend. I am a physicist. But I have been programming for 35 years. I spend most of my time writing quantum assembler code nowadays.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 6 Sep 2017 21:00 
Thanks — but could you drop us some test login and password? Or possible two of them, so testers could immediately login and see what happens :)

We were developing the chat program on our own this year, but it's currently suspended due lack of requests. The current copies of scripts are available for live and existing forums only (we could install them on your forum to try out at a discounted rate of $20). For screenshots and features, send an inquiry.

It was designed for mobile devices and it uses kind of new approach regarding private chats, it's only about one generic chat and it's only about members-only chat, it also uses the archiving possibility to keep all older posts reviewed in a forum-like read-only manner at any later time (that way building another side of indexed content). I doubt that something related to some private website, would need a lot of chat rooms, specially those created by users themselves, languages, flags... whatever stuff you have now on your chat, is not that important to a live website at all.

Author salmino
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 19 Apr 2019 20:04 
Yes and thanks to the magic of triggers

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Multi User, Full Feature Php Chat addon for minibb 3.3 beta (NEED TESTERS)
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑