®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /  

RTL will be supported

Author Support Arabic
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 15 Aug 2017 01:43 
For a long time, I called for adding support for the Arabic, Persian and Urdu languages, but I do not see any change

Please, Paul, consider this good
These markets are not as you think will stop new prospects and strong system

Thank

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 15 Aug 2017 12:42 
Support Arabic:
For a long time, I called for adding support for the Arabic, Persian and Urdu languages, but I do not see any change
I suppose, UTF8 mode should fully support these languages.

As about RTL, you should add it on your own, modify templates and CSS. I don't know these languages personally and I have no ideas what and how should work. I know some forums which are running in Persian, slight mods are applied and they are working OK, so this is up to you.

Anyway, if you have some practical suggestions of what I should add to miniBB to support RTL on kind of automatic level, you are welcome to suggest.

Author kuopassa
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 15 Aug 2017 15:11 
RTL should work if, for example, <body> has this:

<body dir="rtl">

Then it's just about activating Arabic or other right-to-left language. I think that's basically it.

Author Support Arabic
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 16 Aug 2017 02:04 
Simple There are no forum templates that we can change or change

I suggest you open a forum to support RTL languages
You will find that there is direct interaction and set the option of changing from LTR to RTL so we can modify the system templates

Thanks for your response

Author Support Arabic
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 16 Aug 2017 02:12 
kuopassa

Where do I find this template?

Author kuopassa
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 16 Aug 2017 09:32 
Support Arabic, that <body> tag is inside templates/main_header.html.

Author Support Arabic
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 16 Aug 2017 10:18 
kuopassa
Thank You Myfrend

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 17 Aug 2017 11:57 
Support Arabic:
Simple There are no forum templates that we can change
All templates are located under /templates/ folder and are free to edit.
Language under /lang/ folder, language is set under setup_options.php.
All scripts are open source and are free to edit.

Modifying all this you could set up whatever forum you want. Also, I'd recommend to study Manual more deeply, and take a look on how to find where to edit this or that.

What else could we provide?

I am not sure what kind of "direct integration" are you talking about, and why we would need to open some "forum to support RTL languages". This world has hundreds of languages, I only know a couple of them. How could I support something which I don't know? You are welcome to open such forum on your own, if you know the subject.

Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 RTL will be supported
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑