®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Responsive setup for Mobile/Tablet use

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 11 Mar 2017 23:38 
I've added minibb to a responsive website, and it actually works relatively well.
It's not perfect as yet, as I need to sorts a couple more layout issues, but I prefer it to the 'mobile' option for minibb.

Just saying...

www.7-dna.com/forums

Steve

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 13 Mar 2017 16:16 
It's up to you :) Yes, this layout of miniBB forums could be done as Google mobile friendly. However if we talk about desktop layouts like the current one, obviously I am for the approach when the mobile and desktop are different versions (because when making something for mobile, you actually sacrifice a lot of free desktop space which still could/should be used). It's an utopia to create fully operational forums in the mobile layout. There are too many elements on the screen to fit the mobile device.

Also, the newer release of miniBB which I'm working out these days, will include a different approach to handle mobile and desktop versions at once.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Responsive setup for Mobile/Tablet use
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑