®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

How to Allow guest to post links

Author kumkvat1
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 9 Mar 2017 23:23 
I would like to change min. number of posts to post links. Now, users need 10 posts.

But my settings are:

if($membersRule>0) $antiWarn.=str_replace('{POSTS_REQUIRED}', $membersRule, $anti_guest_rule1);
else $antiWarn.=$anti_guest_rule2;

Author kuopassa
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 10 Mar 2017 01:31 
That should be easy to do. :-) Inside setup_options.php you should find this line:

$allowHyperlinks=10;

Author kumkvat1
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 10 Mar 2017 02:19 
kuopassa:
That should be easy to do. :-) Inside setup_options.php you should find this line:

$allowHyperlinks=10;
But, its: $allowHyperlinks=0;

What else i can do?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 10 Mar 2017 02:31 
kumkvat1:
What else i can do?
Change 0 to 10, and save the file.

Author kumkvat1
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 10 Mar 2017 08:06 
These settings do not affect anything !.
Any number i set, 0,1,5,10 or 555..... it is always the same (10 posts required).

Author kumkvat1
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 10 Mar 2017 12:19 
I've used COMPILER. Is there any diference??? Maybe i need to make changes in Myqsl????

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 11 Mar 2017 22:44 
kumkvat1
Hmm, may be first of all... let's start from there that how do you make sure that "users need 10 posts"? From any notice or warning on the screen? And if so, what kind of warning?

Author kumkvat1
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 12 Mar 2017 09:43 
Paul:
Hmm, may be first of all... let's start from there that how do you make sure that "users need 10 posts"? From any notice or warning on the screen? And if so, what kind of warning?
When i try to post link with my another account:

Anti-spam protection

Because of spamming issues, you are not allowed to post outgoing links, URLs or email addresses. This rule is applied to all guests, and registered members, who has posted less than 10 messages.

Author kumkvat1
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 12 Mar 2017 10:12 
Also, there is:

$allForumsReg=TRUE;

But quests still can post!?

Author tom322
#10 | Posted: 12 Mar 2017 23:08 
MiniBB is not a Wordpress where you install 10 buggy addons rightaway. The warning comes from the anti-guest addon - set $membersRule=0; there to skip checking for links (but then you actually won't need to have this anti-guest addon).

Author kumkvat1
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 13 Mar 2017 01:17 
I don't want to disable anti-guest addon, just make some changes.
As i can't change x number of posts needed (10) to post links, can i (maybe later) and how disallow quest posts!?

Author kumkvat1
Partaker
#12 | Posted: 13 Mar 2017 01:57 
Done. Needed to edit $allowHyperlinks=x; in bb_plugins.php, not setup_options.php.
Now it works.

Thank you ALL :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#13 | Posted: 13 Mar 2017 16:18 
One note: if you have anti-guest add-on installed, what you need to change in bb_plugins.php, is $membersRule option.

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 How to Allow guest to post links
 Share Topic's Link

This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑