®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /  

mobile version - not on a subdomain

Author Guest
~
#1 | Posted: 19 Feb 2017 15:44 
I was reading this topic and very interested in the mobile forum too...

However it is very confusing that there must be a domain installed for this purpose.

Suggestion to authors is to avoid the sub-domain and use the cookie switch. Most of websites I am visiting from my smartphone, open mobile templates by default. There it is possible to switch to the desktop version, but rather no one does it on the smartphone. So if the desktop version is still switched on, the cookie is set, indicating the scripts should load the full version. If not, then the mobile version is loaded (but sure, for mobile device only).

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 20 Feb 2017 18:16 
Thanks, it's an interesting suggestion indeed, and worth thinking...
I have plans to re-design/improve the mobile template in the nearest future and could consider it.
Thanks, we'll see...

Author Guest
~
#3 | Posted: 4 May 2017 11:36 
can minibb mobile template version 1.2 run the latest versions

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 4 May 2017 13:14 
Guest:
can minibb mobile template version 1.2 run the latest versions
All add-ons we provide, are compatible with the most recent release of miniBB.
Add-on's version stands for itself, it is not related to miniBB version in any way.

Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 mobile version - not on a subdomain
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑