Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Nginx websrv configuration for miniBB

Author zombiebox
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 5 May 2016 12:32 
Hi,

Did you try to run miniBB at Nginx? Please, share your config file here!

Thank you!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 5 May 2016 13:49 
What kind of the config would you like to see?
MiniBB has nothing truly specific in its own config file for different servers.
Whatever you should have compiled on nginx, are, as usually, php and mysql, + smtp server for sending emails (optional).

Author zombiebox
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 5 May 2016 14:01 
I have some troubles with miniBB 3.1 at Nginx 1.8 and I concluded that my configuration **maybe** is not correct.
At Apache 2.4 all successful but after I moved file to the Nginx I can't proceed login at the main page and admin panel....
Paul, maybe can you help me?

Author zombiebox
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 5 May 2016 14:22 
When I try to login my 'admin' page only reloaded (like as a front page). I try to debug application.
1. The header (POST request) is correct.
2. Database request is correct.
3. Cookie is correct.
4. HTTP 302 redirect is successful....

I don't know where I must to DIG L(

Can you help me? Thank you!

Author zombiebox
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 6 May 2016 09:09 
I found a potential trouble. QUERY_STRING in HTTP request is handled incorrectly.
I try to debug HTTP_HEADER (I use var_dump function) but it's no success. How I can to debug miniBB?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 6 May 2016 15:52 
zombiebox:
How I can to debug miniBB?
Well... probably you'd need to edit index.php or bb_admin.php and put echo's right after all suspicious places to see after which string of code the invalid working starts.

But I'm not sure... may be you'd need to pay attention at your basic settings at first? Specially all $cookie* options, they must be set very properly regarding domain name and path.

Also, could you post as a guest on your board? You'd need to make all forums opened to guests for that, i.e. set $allForumsReg=FALSE; in setup_options.php. If the posting works, and the login doesn't work, the problem may be with cookie settings.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Nginx websrv configuration for miniBB
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑