®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

A hacking method?

Author Batu
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 19 Feb 2016 00:47 
I don't even know if it's a new post or not, there's no year mark on post but I wanted to know if this "hole" fixed or not. Just check this out:
blog dot nic0 dot me /post/638007848/dear-cyd-software-labs

sorry I can't paste url.

Author tom322
#2 | Posted: 19 Feb 2016 01:56 
From the page's source code and google cache: datePublished":"2010-05-27T16:38:00-04:00" ;) MySQL is not used on miniBB any more (MySQLi replaced it).

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 19 Feb 2016 07:15 
Batu
I am not sure what this post is about? It is titled "Dear CyD Software Labs..." and so it is related to the guys from this company or whatever. From what I have understood, they were using miniBB as the embedded part of their software (which is allowed since miniBB is released under GPL), and they were putting their own requests into miniBB tables.

How this all is related to miniBB security? We are using completely different methods of data and database manipulation. And our recent version was scanned by Acunetix which is on top of vulnerabilities discovering software, so at least we know it comes without critical holes.

So I am not sure what should we fix and how miniBB could be related to all that.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 A hacking method?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑