miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

How to check duplicated title while starting a new topic.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author Batu
Partaker
#16 | Posted: 21 Dec 2015 11:19 
kuopassa
I sent you an e-mail.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#17 | Posted: 21 Dec 2015 17:53 
Ok guys, if you get this solved, let us know, how...

Author Batu
Partaker
#18 | Posted: 22 Dec 2015 23:32 
Paul kuopassa has done it. It works like charm. At least he let me buy him a beer :) The code has some unique features for my project such as lowercasing all the text and deleting all special characters from topic title so I don't really think that anyone would be searching for it specially but if you guys think it'd be nice to share it, I'll gladly share. (We also should ask to kuopassa, indeed.) I'll design the website and show the result here. Thank you all again.

Author kuopassa
Partaker
#19 | Posted: 23 Dec 2015 03:29 
Yes, if Batu wants to share the code then sure why not. :-)

Author tom322
#20 | Posted: 24 Dec 2015 17:51 
It would be interesting to see it in action on an example page or something ;)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#21 | Posted: 27 Dec 2015 13:19 
kuopassa & Batu: I think you both guys agreed to share the code, the only thing unknown is when Batu will come back here to check this topic :) So I suppose, kuopassa, you may share it on your own. If the code is here, I may more the topic to "Custom Modifications" forum then. Thanks in advance.

Author kuopassa
Partaker
#22 | Posted: 29 Dec 2015 06:11 
Okey, the code for bb_plugins.php is available over here. There are some things to remember:

- Database queries are done in mysqli_query format and not mysql_query.
- When user is redirected to somewhere, messy URL's are used.
- The bits of code that handle pagination might need fixing (so that user is redirected to right page in topic that has several pages).

Author Batu
Partaker
#23 | Posted: 2 Jan 2016 21:50 
I'm sorry I was busy. I'm glad that kuopassa has shared the code. I have things to do so I can not focus on just one project atm. I'll share the result of my work as soon as possible. Also I'm looking forward to work with kuopassa again, if any customisation needed. You guys rock :) Thanks for all support.

Author gangasri
Partaker
#24 | Posted: 2 Feb 2016 09:14 
Thanks for information

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 How to check duplicated title while starting a new topic.
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑