miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

Keywords-rich URLs

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3

Author Jaime
Partaker
#31 | Posted: 14 Feb 2015 14:24 
Fantastic, the first try with the version #1 everything worked!

Paul, but what if I necessarily numerical values must have in the url? These are not even taken that way.

As an example titles that have to do with the genealogy : Title: Hans Mustermann 1922 - 2011 or Hans Mustermann 1922-01-18 - 2011-11-07

Not that I necessarily need it ... but I am experimenting just a little ;-) The best way is to have a title not end with a number?.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#32 | Posted: 16 Feb 2015 13:34 
Jaime
Sorry, I didn't understand your question in full, but... the numbers are required - they mean topic/forum IDs and they always should be present, there is no way to create URLs without referencing IDs.

I've checked the title above you mentioned, and yes - the script will intentionally remove ending numbers, so they don't mess with the topic ID. You should add some letter(s) after the ending numbers to make them appear in the title. For example:

Hans Mustermann 1922-01-18 - 2011-11-07 o.e.
There is also another way - it's possible to re-code the URLs presentation schema, so it starts with a topic/forum ID, and not ends with them (.htaccess rules also should be modified for that) - but in that case, topic titles starting with numbers, should cut off these numbers; and actually, that would lower the sense of "keyword-rich" URL, because search engines are more up to index the starting keywords, not IDs.

Author Jaime
Partaker
#33 | Posted: 18 Feb 2015 16:13 
Hi Paul,

Sorry, I didn't understand your question in full,
Properly understood ;-) I will not let the topic title end with a number. That will be the best solution.

Author donatas
Partaker
#34 | Posted: 11 Dec 2015 16:14 
I can not run this plugin, after adding all files and code, i get:
Not Found
The requested URL /arba-f4.html was not found on this server.

What i do wrong?

Code in the setup file:
if(!defined('NO_MOD_REWRITE')) include($pathToFiles.'addon_mod_rewrite_1.php');

Code in htaccess:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ([0-9a-z_]+)-f([0-9]+)-([-0-9]+)\.html$ ./index.php?action=vtopic&forum=$2&page=$3&mdrw=on
RewriteRule ([0-9a-z_]+)-f([0-9]+)\.html$ ./index.php?action=vtopic&forum=$2&page=1&mdrw=on

RewriteRule ([0-9a-z_]+)-([0-9]+)-([0-9]+)-([-0-9]+)\.html$ ./index.php?action=vthread&forum=$2&topic=$3&page=$4&mdrw=on
RewriteRule ([0-9a-z_]+)-([0-9]+)-([0-9]+)\.html$ ./index.php?action=vthread&forum=$2&topic=$3&page=1&mdrw=on

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#35 | Posted: 11 Dec 2015 16:37 
donatas
Is your forum located under the root domain? Did you specify $main_url setting properly?

.htaccess should be placed under the exact forum folder or sub-folder.

Also, what kind of server do you run?
You must be sure it support .htaccess i.e. it should be Apache or Apache-like.

The error is about your server couldn't catch mod-rewritten URLs under the root domain folder.
Not sure what's there.

Author donatas
Partaker
#36 | Posted: 14 Dec 2015 15:10 
Yes, it is located under the root domain.
Main_url (i can not post links :)

.htaccess is be placed under the exact forum folder where other files are placed.

Author donatas
Partaker
#37 | Posted: 14 Dec 2015 15:39 
Omg, i just understand, that after i upload htaccess, the dot in front of this filename was missing.
All mashines works,
Thanks, know to uderstand how to change these symbols:
ąčęėįųū
Any suggestions ? :)

Author kuopassa
Partaker
#38 | Posted: 14 Dec 2015 15:49 
Yes, it really needs that one dot before file name. :-)

About replacing those characters or symbols you could read some suggestions from here.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 Keywords-rich URLs
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑