miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /  

Foreign language symbols available in username / password ( $userRegName setting and variations)

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next »

Author Team
8-)
#16 | Posted: 28 Jan 2003 15:26 
No, I haven't changed nothing in bb_func..., just in options.

Author Moony
Partaker
#17 | Posted: 12 Nov 2005 13:35 
At present I have the following in my $userRegName (Russian Language Support). This does not allow users to register logins that have space in them (John Johnson). How can I solve this problem? Simply adding blank space to this doesn't seem to work.

$userRegName='_A-Za-z0-9АБВГДЕЁЖЗИЙКЛМНОПРСТУФХЦЧШЩЪЫЬЭЮЯабвгдеёжзийкл мнопрстуфхцчшщъыьэюя_-';

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#18 | Posted: 12 Nov 2005 16:15 
Add one empty space somewhere in the line, for example after "я", instead of the second "_" (because you have two of them).

To become:

'...я -'

or

'...я- '

It must work. I have a user Ултрамарина Ултрамаринова this way :)

Author Moony
Partaker
#19 | Posted: 12 Nov 2005 16:21 
Thank you, Ivan!

First one helped.

Author carlo
#20 | Posted: 17 Mar 2006 22:37 
Hi,

Im trying to figure out how miniBB is doing user validation, while at the same time learn more about regular expressions. I think I understand it now, but there are two small details in bb_func_checkusr.php that bug me:

1) What is the meaning of the last backslash in

$userRegExp="#^[".$userRegName."]{3,40}$#"

Doesn't this escape the end-of-string anchor, and if so - why do that?

2) Why use preg_match for the user and eregi for everything else?

Not really critical, but clarification would be much appreciated...

Thanks,

Carlo

Author carlo
#21 | Posted: 18 Mar 2006 12:04 
Hmmm... noticed that I have to escape the backlslash to make it show in the forum. Does this have anything to do with the answer to my question? This is what it looks like in the file:

$userRegExp="#^[".$userRegName."]{3,40}\$#";

Author Team
8-)
#22 | Posted: 18 Mar 2006 17:23 
1) What do you mean by backslash? Backslash is the symbol \ If you mean dollar sign, in regular expressions it means the end of the string (while ^ means the beginning of the string)
2) It's used just because used that way from the early ages. eregi and preg_match are almost identical functions.

Author carlo
#23 | Posted: 18 Mar 2006 17:53 
I mean the symbol preceding the dollar sign, i.e. the \

As I understand it, putting this symbol just before the dollar sign should escape the dollar sign so that it actually does not mean the end of the line. But I guess I am missing something? This is not really a problem for me, just curious...

Thanks,

Carlo

Author Team
8-)
#24 | Posted: 19 Mar 2006 12:41 
Yes, putting this symbol before dollar sign will let parser know that the string actually contains this dollar sign at the end (in username), which is not really correct, actually.

Author sam
Partaker
#25 | Posted: 15 Jan 2004 02:40 
16 Oct 2006 05:25 - Attached on merging:
I want to let our users register their ID in their own language.

Most people in Korea use their real names in registering their ID. Old people are not used to using English so I want to let our users register their ID in their own language. It will help us a lot if we can make it. I somewhere heard there is a way to do it. I hope it won't be difficult to do that. Thanks in advance.

Author 4days
Champi0n
#26 | Posted: 15 Jan 2004 03:46 
there's a bit in setup_options.php

$userRegName='_A-Za-z0-9 ';

think you need to change that to include the appropriate korean characters.

Author andreasm
Partaker
#27 | Posted: 28 Feb 2007 06:46 
how can I allow german umlauts like ä ü ö on registration in my german forums ?

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#28 | Posted: 28 Feb 2007 11:30 
In the line below add the letters that you need exactly where I have written you with bold.

$userRegName='_A-Za-z[here your additional letters]0-9 ';

This line is in the file setup_options.php.

Author andreasm
Partaker
#29 | Posted: 28 Feb 2007 12:50 
Thanks, sounds very simple. I'll try it :)

EDIT: It works! Thanks again

Author Roman2061
#30 | Posted: 3 Sep 2007 19:02 
Dear Sirs!
Unfortunately, changing $userRegName='_A-Za-z0-9 ' to $userRegName='_A-Za-zА-Яа-я0-9 ' in setup_options.php does not allow me to introduce Cyrillic to the names of my users. Also in bb_functions.php I did not found any checkUserData() procedure and $userRegExp variable, as it was described for Gizmo. Could you help me? Thank you in advance.

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /
 Foreign language symbols available in username / password ( $userRegName setting and variations)
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑