| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Trigging go.html and main_forums.html templates for execution

Author KHDesigns
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 6 Oct 2015 18:43 
Hey,

Sorry if this is in the wrong area :)

I'm currently building a responsive template for MiniBB 3.2 (Default Package not compiled) and just wondered about the following:

1) what is go.html used for? and how to trigger/load that element so i can check it?

2) how to load main_forums.html?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 6 Oct 2015 20:33 
Hello,

1) go.html is used for specific servers, which do not support "header" function for redirections - then they will use this template for meta-header redirection. It's left from the ancient times, and probably today mostly all servers support "header". However earlier versions of IIS didn't do that; may be some other servers now, not sure. How to trigger: edit setup_options.php and de-comment/set up $metaLocation parameter; refer to the manual for more infos.

2) Edit setup_options.php and set up this:

$startPageModern=FALSE;
It will load the "old-school" forums layout, which besides of this template, also use some others. They all are listed in the Manual as well.

Author KHDesigns
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 6 Oct 2015 23:56 
Paul

Thank you :)

Author KHDesigns
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 8 Oct 2015 13:26 
Paul

Hey again.

Is there a hidden setting for the
 Share Topic's Link option on posts? Just that i can't seem to get it show.. as in no text, no read only field , not short link.

Chris.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 8 Oct 2015 19:25 
Sorry, it seems this one left from our public forum, and it should not be present in the default version. I'll fix this soon; by now you may just safely remove this tag.

Author KHDesigns
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 9 Oct 2015 00:48 
Paul

Thanks.

Last 2 questions lol. Did a search and looked in the manual but still no clearer.

1. whats the difference between {$mbpn} and {$pageNavExtra}? So far (visually) I only seen pageNavExtra so are they both needed?

2. Whats the best way to test posthold.html

Thanks again for the help. :)

Author tom322
#7 | Posted: 9 Oct 2015 05:43 
I think $mbpn adds a margin only so it's only visual CSS thing. One way to test posthold is to enter a wrong password of an already-registered user and submitting the form.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 9 Oct 2015 15:55 
{$mbpn} just adds a space between page navigation and the next table in a column, if page navigation is present. If there's no page navigation, this tag is not involved.

tom322:
One way to test posthold is to enter a wrong password of an already-registered user and submitting the form.
A precisement: it should be a message or topic posting form.

Author KHDesigns
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 9 Oct 2015 16:39 
tom322:
I think $mbpn adds a margin only so it's only visual CSS thing. One way to test posthold is to enter a wrong password of an already-registered user and submitting the form.

Paul:
{$mbpn} just adds a space between page navigation and the next table in a column, if page navigation is present. If there's no page navigation, this tag is not involved.

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Trigging go.html and main_forums.html templates for execution
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑