Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

email_admin_userregister.txt language issue - wrong utf-8 chars in the email

Author detox
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 12 Aug 2015 21:56 
Hello.

I've got this problem with my Czech version of "email_admin_userregister_cze.txt". When I get an e-mail it contains wrong characters. For example, not "Přejeme pěkný den" but something instead of special chars.

How do I fix that? Saving the txt file with UTF-8 coding did not help. It is quite important since I am getting people's names and addresses and I can't decrypt them.

Thx.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 13 Aug 2015 13:35 
Try to paste this in setup_options.php:

$emailCharset='UTF-8';

Author detox
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 14 Aug 2015 16:11 
Paul
That helped and the Czech characters are now displayed correctly :-) Thank you very much.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 14 Aug 2015 21:07 
You're welcome! :)

Author Yuhů
#5 | Posted: 28 Sep 2015 04:22 
In miniBB version 2 was solution to change a bit function convEnt() in bb_func_pthread.php by adding php function iconv(). (For my big surprise is final working enconding windows-1250 instead iso-8859-2.)

function convEnt($str){
return iconv( 'utf-8', 'windows-1250' , strip_tags(str_replace(array('<br />', ''', '&quot;', '&amp;', '$', '&lt;', '&gt;'), array("\r\n", "'", '"', '&', '$', '<', '>'), $str)));
}

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 28 Sep 2015 13:49 
Yuhů
I'm not truly sure what you're about... miniBB version 2 is abandoned years ago. Now we have version 3.x and the newest release should come soon. Also, the function you mention, is now located in bb_func_txt.php, not bb_func_pthread.php.

Actually, I don't understand why it would be needed to put the stuff like you propose. Default forum encoding is typically changed in the language pack (lang/eng.php or whatever language pack you may have --> $l_meta var).

Email templates encoding could be set like I've explained above.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 email_admin_userregister.txt language issue - wrong utf-8 chars in the email
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑