®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Emdash

Author Februs
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 19 May 2015 14:32 
Not sure if this is a bug or not but the problem I am having on my forum is that I can post certain characters as admin but the rest of the forum users can't. For example, the emdash character: —

However, if one of the forum users tries to make a post with an emdash in it the posted message doesn't appear at all.

Author Februs
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 20 May 2015 01:47 
Have resolved this now, please delete.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 20 May 2015 13:10 
Februs:
Have resolved this now, please delete.
Would be nice to know how did you solved it, thanks.

Author Februs
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 20 May 2015 16:30 
I was running an older version of the software which was using htmlspecialchars within the function textFilter in bb_func_txt.php for general users (but not for mods).

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 20 May 2015 16:44 
So, did you update this file and then it worked?

I suppose, htmlspecialchars was replaced to our own function called 'operate_string', because the newer version of htmlspecialchars contained also other specific characters' issues.

Author Februs
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 20 May 2015 18:20 
Yes, I added operate_string to bb_functions and replaced the call in bb_func_txt as you suggested.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 22 May 2015 19:48 
Thanks for your report.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Emdash
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑