®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /  

BlueHost or Godaddy?

Author peggyR
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 2 Apr 2015 13:05 
I have previously set up a small forum for the sharing and discussion of skin-care knowledge. Initially, I choose the Deluxe plan of Godaddy. It is fine for the first 6 moths. However, as my forum continues grow with more visitors, it seems that the Deluxe is not enough. Now, I have around 50K threads and at least 800 daily visitors. So, my question is, should I upgrade my GoDaddy account or go for another hosting company like BlueHost? I have checked the hosting review site of LinkedHosts, and have found that BlueHost and HostMonster are better? So, which one should I choose?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 2 Apr 2015 15:31 
I was dealing with GoDaddy a few times and IMHO this company invests more in their marketing rather than the quality of services or educated staff. Their hosting services were terrible, connection often interrupted.

As about BlueHost, I was hearing positive reviews about their support and the quality of hosting, but that was related to dedicated servers or VPS, not shared plans.

Well, in general, 50k threads and 800 visitors 'daily' doesn't still mean big load. How about 800 visitors instantly? :) that's what I'd call more serious. I think, if you'd found the most suitable VPS plan in terms of price, that would suit your requirements for a long time.

Author tom322
#3 | Posted: 2 Apr 2015 17:21 
peggyR:
BlueHost or Godaddy?
As Paul said, neither. It's like asking if McDonalds is better than Burger King; these two serve the bottom of the barrel and you cannot expect a high-quality / dedicated service or support (which is outsources to 'third-world' countries). But IF you have to choose between these above for shared hosting, I'd suggest: HostMonster > BlueHost > GoDaddy.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 2 Apr 2015 22:43 
peggyR
BTW, we still don't have an idea what kind of "small forum" software you're using; I truly hope it's not about miniBB, because miniBB could handle 1 visitor per two minutes as a piece of cake :) As about number of threads, I know some forums having similar or bigger amount and still host less than for 10/month.

Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 BlueHost or Godaddy?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑