Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

HELP: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING

Author namaste
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 14 Nov 2014 13:11 
I have been getting this error in my forum on a very regular basis:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/yogadir/public_html/forum/plugins/addon_whosonline_data.php on line 2

and it is driving me crazy! I've changed permissions, removed the addon_whosonline_data.php file, but it keeps coming back.

Can someone help me with this, please?
I have to constantly replace/delete the addon_whosonline_data.php file every time this happens!
Sometimes, twice a day.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 14 Nov 2014 23:16 
Make sure you have the latest version of this add-on, esp. addon_whosonline.php code. If you are sure you have the latest version, could you please send the contents of the data file when it's broken? We could possibly fix the code if there will be something obvious inside. At any time you could also switch this add-on off, removing the proper line in the bb_plugins.php.

Author namaste
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 18 Nov 2014 06:44 
Thank you Paul for your response.

I am not sure if I have the latest version of this add-on. So I have switched off this add-on as per your suggestion.

Here is the content of the data file that's broken:

<?php
$w_anonymous_visits=array('32717497351406819142'=>'1406819145','32717497351406819150'=>'1406819155','-1''=>'1406819186', '2513190861406819180'=>'1406819193');
$w_logged_users=array();
$w_record=array('0'=>'2010-05-06 06:38:34','1'=>'69','2'=>'0');
?>

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 18 Nov 2014 13:40 
namaste:
I am not sure if I have the latest version of this add-on.
Download the latest version package and compare your file's size with the size of the current addon_whosonline.php. If they differ, you may try replace addon_whosonline.php at least.

Yes, the issue with your file reminds me the recent problem I've fixed in this script time ago. Since then no such issues were reported, but I'm not sure if it really helped. So you may try and report here if you will not get this issue again with the newer version.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 HELP: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑