®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Page x of xx - how to limit number of 'page boxes'

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 29 Sep 2014 12:55 
Where it shows how many page there are in a discussion/forum. etc, is there a way to limit the number of boxes that show?
Possibly show the just 5 pages around the page you are on?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 29 Sep 2014 16:18 
In default version, there's no way and I don't understand the sense of it?..
It's all about your content, positions in search engines, and profits.
If you would like to disable showing of older topics, create some forum naming it "expired" topics, and move all expired topics to there, or just remove them completely from the forum, so they don't take space.

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 29 Sep 2014 23:16 
I think I have not explained myself well...

When a thread has a lot of pages, the list of page number boxes gets split, with '...' between the first pages, and the last.
But, the total number of pages in a forum, at the top of the page, seems to always show all the page number boxes.
I'd like that to be 'shorter', in the same was as per the pages for a single (long) thread.

Does that make more sense?

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 30 Sep 2014 14:21 
Hi paul, - more input from me...
It seems the Extra Pages Navigation always has the first 5 pages, then the '...' separator, and the the last 5 pages.

Is there a way to limit this to the first 3 pages, then the '...' separator, and then the last 3 pages?

This is as I made made the forum 'Responsive' but the full 10 Extra Pages Navigation list it too long for smart phone screens.

Hope that makes better sense, and hope you can help ;)

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 30 Sep 2014 16:37 
Ok - found it!

;-)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 30 Sep 2014 20:17 
You should either install the Mobile version for smartphones, which will provide different layout to fit to almost all devices; either modify bb_functions.php -> pageNav function, the output is regulated there. Resp, change the values of

$sLim=11;$bLim=5;$cLim=4;

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Page x of xx - how to limit number of 'page boxes'
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑