®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

A case for a tarpit addon ;-)

Author Jaime
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 10 May 2014 08:37 
It is always interesting to see how "creative" is searched in the forum area (from my errorlog).

My clear favorites ... who know at least what they are looking

wp-login.php
login.php
logging.php
admin.php
administrator
sign_up.html
register.php
member.php
reg.asp
blog
And a few exotics that are not quite sure what they should look for ...

acjycrftunstnxzr.html
bokeindex.asp
\tsmf\xe7\xbb\xab\xe8\xaf\xb2\xe7\x80\xb7\t89000\t-1 ...
;-)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 10 May 2014 21:15 
Hackers looks for various known targets, meaning admin panel or registration scripts, which may be vulnerable in some version.
Other strings look like they would try out the operatinal system itself for some holes, or other software.
There could be hundreds of such examples. I also have them all for the root site, plus many others:)
Not sure what did yoy mean by the "tarpit add-on".

Author Jaime
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 11 May 2014 07:11 
Not sure what did yoy mean by the "tarpit add-on"
No really serious note for a Addon ;-) Only a funny hint that such request should be sent in a Tarpit. And i do realize that you have to just live with this spam!

All a good Sunday

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 A case for a tarpit addon ;-)
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑