miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

First page news add-on doesn't work on the new server (solved: Premoderation path)

Author Jaime
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 23 Apr 2014 20:47 
So far, the addon has been working without any problems on a test installation. Same server, only in a different subdirectory.

Now I have changed and I get no output.

The output in addon_1stpagenews.html is created, but no longer the issue in addon_1stpagenews_cell.html

Paul, how can I reach a human-readable error message to see what it might be?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 23 Apr 2014 22:12 
Jaime:
Now I have changed and I get no output.
Sorry, you have changed - what exactly?

Author Jaime
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 24 Apr 2014 08:06 
I can not explain poor Paul, but my English is not good enough.

In addition to the previous forum, with almost no addons, I had a trial version with all the addons in another subdirectory. After I had this version now run for several months without any problems, I have the previous forum off and let the new version go online.

Everything works as it should, no problems.

Only this addon is now showing, advance in the test system it ran smoothly, no output.

It is incorporated by php include in the website.

include ('/abc/www/forums/addon_1stpagenews.php');
$displayMethod=1;

Do I however run the addon using JavaScript

<script type="text/javaScript" src="http://.../forums/addon_1stpagenews.php"></script>
$displayMethod=2;

it will run properly.

There is certainly no fault of miniBB! The fault is clearly on my system environment. But I do not just find my mistake, maybe you have a tip.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 24 Apr 2014 18:01 
Jaime:
include ('/abc/www/forums/addon_1stpagenews.php');
If you include this add-on using absolute path, then probably you need to set the absolute path to the forum in the add-on itself (under $path) or at least check if it's set up properly.

Author Jaime
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 24 Apr 2014 18:39 
In the Addon self i have set $path='/abc/www/forums/';

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 24 Apr 2014 19:10 
Without debugging and seeing things deeper, it's hard to say, sorry!
It may also depend on the script you have.
Anyway, you must be sure some way, that the addon_1stpagenews.php is definitely included.
Also, if you would have errors on the server turned on, possibly you would see the nature of the error immediately.
Else it appears like hunting with closed eyes :)

Author Jaime
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 24 Apr 2014 19:30 
Thanks Paul. Logically, this is difficult to find from your own site my mistake. But I can properly integrate the already;-)

I now take the old addon, Latest File Update: 2007-Feb-16, everything will be integrated as desired. But there was also not the Premod addon installed and not running on my system.

I'll find my mistake already <g>

Author Jaime
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 24 Apr 2014 20:01 
Recognized problem ... problem solved ;-)

I had: $premodDir='./shared_files/'; And that was probably wrong.

With the new setting: $premodDir='/abc/www/forums/shared_files/'; the addon is working as it should :)

I'm glad now =8)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#9 | Posted: 24 Apr 2014 22:36 
Great! Thanks for putting a note.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 First page news add-on doesn't work on the new server (solved: Premoderation path)
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑