Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

How to change Skins?

Author MissCarey
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 11 Apr 2014 23:13 
Hello again,

I am happy to be using Minibb. Thanks to the creator.

Right now, I am trying to change the skin for my forum that I downloaded. I followed the instruction that came with it and I see no change. Do I need to set something in the setup_option.php. Sorry, I am a newbee...

thank you for your help.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 11 Apr 2014 23:15 
it would be great to know what kind of skin you have downloaded and what instructions followed.
thanks.

Author Jaime
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 12 Apr 2014 08:30 
MissCarey - if you did not yet even found ... here in miniBB Skins you can still find some more information on the topic. Hey .. we were all once beginners ;-)

You all a nice weekend - Jaime

Author MissCarey
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 12 Apr 2014 18:50 
Hello, I want to change my default skin to bb_blue_sytle skin. I unzipped the folder and followed the instructions. Plus, I also set $startpagemodern False. All though the front page layout changed, nothing else change....I was expecting color change and all as shown in the sample picture, but nothing....

You have a great weekend too Jaime and Paul.

Author Jaime
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 13 Apr 2014 10:23 
Do I understand this correctly: You have the bb_blue_style.css installed and also see your forum in the new blue design?! ... But color changes you've now made ​​in the bb_blue_style.css are not shown?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 13 Apr 2014 16:26 
If you are about the skin from 2010, this thread and almost all skins presented there, are left for historical archiving only and mostly all of them need to be adjusted to the newest layout of miniBB, since they could miss lots of new classes, or otherwise, contain CSS classes which are not anymore present.

MiniBB concept with skinning we have currently, doesn't suppose any static skins, but the program where everyone could build its own layout in a minute and then use it for the forum or share with the other users. Unfortunately, having difficult issues with my relatives, I wasn't able to work out this concept in 2013 and hopefully I will finish it in 2014.

By now, if you would like to adjust miniBB to the blue color, I'd recommend to pay attention to the most recent version of such skin, present at our complete demo website. Click Test Skins icon on the top right, choose Basic and if you like it, you can get this skin right from the demo, copying to your forums folder.

Later, you need to modify setup_options.php and set:

$skin = 'old';
$startPageModern=FALSE;
That's all... it should work properly for the most recent version of miniBB.

Author Guest
~
#7 | Posted: 14 Apr 2014 15:53 
Awesome. It works....thanks....

By the way, thank you for all your help....

Do you have donation page where I can donate minibb?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 14 Apr 2014 16:41 
We are too young for donations.
If you like the product, purchase some of the premium add-ons... it will work on both ends, for you, too :)
Thanks in advance.

Author yousufatik
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 25 Apr 2014 05:14 
MissCarey - if you did not yet even found ... here in miniBB Skins you can still find some more information on the topic. Hey .. we were all once beginners ; You can get more suggestion from this forums, this is really a great forum.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 How to change Skins?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑