®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Attach Files:number of upload boxes

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 6 Apr 2014 11:21 
I have messed with the fileupload_options file as I would like to allow 16 images per post but only show 4 upload boxes with the 'expand' link to show the rest if need be. I have these settings ...

$uploadForums[$forum]=16
$maxUploadBoxes=20
$jsUploadFields=4

I get the full 16 upload boxes though on the above and not the 4 plus an expand link.

Have I missed something?

Author Jaime
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 6 Apr 2014 17:43 
Hi Bluesplayer,

I'm thinking there might be a mistake ... at least I get to the same result as you, or we both have simply done something wrong;-). Let's wait what Paul Says ...

Have a nice afternoon - Jaime

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 9 Apr 2014 16:15 
I think there's a confusion in understanding of how this option works.

The number specified under $jsUploadFields means the "limit" after which the script will not display upload boxes, but only the "Expand" link. It doesn't mean it will display the "limited" amount as upload boxes, and the rest will be hidden under this link.

This option is mostly useful if various forums have different number of upload boxes. For example, forum A may have 4 upload boxes, and the forum B just 2. Then if you set $jsUploadFields=3 then the forum A will have an "Expand" link shown, and the forum B will show 2 upload boxes straight.

Author Jaime
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 9 Apr 2014 21:07 
Thanks Paul for the detailed and understandable info now.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Attach Files:number of upload boxes
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑