sub topic X
sub topic 2
sub topic X

Forum Title XX:
sub topic1
sub topic 2
sub topic 1
sub topic X

and so on. I tried but dont know how to do this.
Kindy guide

Author asifshabir
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 4 Mar 2014 20:34 
please some one reply to this question. how can i create this hirarchy

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 4 Mar 2014 21:42 
It seems, at first you need to clarify, what the "Forum" is and what the "Sub Topic" is. It's hard to understand what do you mean, and what did you try.

Check the forums structure at our community first page. Is that you would like to achieve?

Author asifshabir
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 5 Mar 2014 09:34 
I will rephrase my question:
I want to build my forum in such a way that i can have main category and sub categories under the main category.
i.e.
Main category: Welcome
Sub categories: News:
Sub categories: Reports:
Sub categories: Upgrades:

2nd Main category: Test
2nd Sub categories: software:
2nd Sub categories: downloads:
2nd Sub categories: junk:

3nd Main category: Fun
3rd Sub categories: Entertainment:
3rd Sub categories: Movies:
3rd Sub categories: Songs:
And so on.

I want to build a forum structure like other forums are offering:
This strcuture is same like the one you are having on your sire:

------------------example structure from mini forum site ---------------
Main Forums
News & Announcements News & Announcements
Topics: 239 | Replies: 1,351
Most important news, updates and other fresh stuff from miniBB. Only community members are allowed to reply.
FAQ FAQ
Topics: 50 | Replies: 735
Take a look in here before sending a problem, report or a question - maybe it has been discussed already!
How To

Coding Forums
Official Addons and Solutions Official Addons and Solutions
Topics: 33 | Replies: 1,398
Any questions, bug reports related to plug-ins and solutions, offered in our Downloads section. One plug-in - one thread.
Custom Tutorials and Modifications Custom Tutorials and Modifications
Topics: 195 | Replies: 1,550
Custom code snippets and/or descriptions for extending miniBB, which may be useful exactly for You, but are not included in the official Downloads list.
Master Class
------------- End --------------

I hope i have clarified the question well.

Thanks to reply

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 5 Mar 2014 22:00 
So, at first you must enter the Administrative Panel to create all of your forums (via "Add forum" or "Edit forum" links)..

Then assign "Super-titles" in front of those you want to be appear like under the Category, this is the last field on the forum form which should be filled in; if it's not filled, the forum will be just listed in order.

Quite a simple approach - let me know if you still don't understand how to do this, I will try to create a screenshot then.

Author asifshabir
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 5 Mar 2014 22:30 
how do i attached screen shots of the problem that i am getting.

I have tried to follow ur instructions but still same problem.

Kindly tell me how can i upload pictures to show you the exact problem.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 5 Mar 2014 23:47 
Click the button above the form you see, this one:

Upload Button

Upload in "screenshots" folder. Make sure your file is not too big in advance. Follow further instructions on the screen (copy/paste the codes the script will suggest into a posting form).

Thanks.

Author asifshabir
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 6 Mar 2014 00:29 

pls check

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#9 | Posted: 6 Mar 2014 00:40 
Do not put Supertitle in front of each forum.

For example, now edit the Forum named "Test" with the description test posts. Remove Supertitle for it. Edit/Save.

Later, edit the Forum named "Test" with the description "test". Remove the Supertitle for it. Edit/Save.

Do you see the difference now?

You shall put Supertitle only in front of those Forum name which should be "categorized" on the front page and all the lists. Do not put each and every forum under this Supertitle!

In other words, on the front page it looks like you create it under the Forum lists. If you put Supertitle, it will appear in front of the forum. If you don't put, it won't appear.

There is no logic by "groups categorized" or something like this, because there are no groups... it's a very simple board. Only forums, and only headings. That's all.

Author asifshabir
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 6 Mar 2014 00:45 
thanks, it done the trick and worked.

now its perfect , the way i wanted it to be.

Thanks

Author asifshabir
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 6 Mar 2014 00:47 
in the meanwhile, would you please guide me on how can i use external database for user login with this forum.
I already have users on site and want to integrate this forum with existing user database.

Thanks again

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#12 | Posted: 6 Mar 2014 00:53 
We have a free guide on this. Of course, not knowing what your memberships are about, I couldn't give precise advice...

Also, we have the paid services for this.

So if you are not sure how to tie it all up together, you're welcome to hire me or someone from our team to do this for you, if I'm not available (but these days, I'm mostly in).

You're welcome!

Author asifshabir
Partaker
#13 | Posted: 6 Mar 2014 00:58 
i will check this guide, if it did not work for me , then i will contact u again.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Make forum according to new hirarchy
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑