®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Posting code iframe error

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 4 Feb 2014 14:22 
On entering code into a post parts of it are running - the iframe part, yet it doesn't run on this forum. Either I have removed something or I should add something?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 4 Feb 2014 14:41 
Sorry, didnt get it - what kind of code do you mean?

On this forum, only those codes on the BB buttons visible above are available.

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 4 Feb 2014 15:18 
Well I attempted to describe the YouTube Video Search on my own forum, posting all the different file alterations as I did on this forum. When I added the bb_code new youtube iframe code to the post my own forum displayed the iframe itself, which didn't happen on this forum.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 4 Feb 2014 18:21 
Not sure why our forum should display your solution? At first, we do not even have the exact solution present by this moment. Second, even if we would have, I will not install it here. We do not need videos embedded for the miniBB support board.

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 4 Feb 2014 18:56 
Paul:
Not sure why our forum should display your solution? At first, we do not even have the exact solution present by this moment. Second, even if we would have, I will not install it here. We do not need videos embedded for the miniBB support board.
We are cross purposes here I think. This isn't an enhancement I'm talking about but a fault with my own board. I was just wondering where to look for the fault. Anyway I can live with it at present.

Thanks

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 5 Feb 2014 13:20 
Sorry for misunderstanding, sometimes questions are so simple that I could make them too difficult :)

So, it sounds logical to me. You have applied some of the code which supports iframe tag, to your board. We do not have anything iframes-related on this board. That is why, on your board the code converts to the iframe, on our not.

In this case, I can not be responsible for your code. It seems like we are coming again to the task which I need to handle on my own for free and analyze what is wrong, but I do not have time for this now, sorry. This is your idea, your solution and actually it is about the 3rd party code which I can not support. This solution may be still interesting for other users, but you need to have a stable, clearly instructed and secure solution, else who would be intrested in it...

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 5 Feb 2014 20:37 
I realise what this problem is now. The alterations to bb_code.php - the iframe match - was exactly as I posted in my explanation of my YouTube Video Search code, and that is why the iframe was being displayed. This won't be a problem in the future as only an exact bb_code.php match will cause concern.

Must admit I have learned a huge amount about bbcode whilst figuring out my video search code. I think I can quite happily create new minibb features now without going mental and also with acceptable code too.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 7 Feb 2014 16:51 
Great, you are welcome :)

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Posting code iframe error
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑