®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Customize Post Form when member is not logged in

Author harootun
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 24 Jan 2014 04:03 
I have my minibb hooked up to another script that handles the login/logout, so I disable/hide the minibb login at the top of the minibbb homepage. That's easy enough for me to do, but what I'd also like to know how to do is hide the buttons that say Sign In/Post Message and Preview (I use Preview) on the post form at the bottom of a page when someone is visiting but not logged in. Did I mention that my forum is for registered members only?

Not sure if this is an easy customization or not. I hope I have described it clearly. Any advice appreciated.

Author harootun
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 24 Jan 2014 07:04 
The other solution, of course, would be to hide the entire post form when someone is perusing the forum but not logged in. Is that possible?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 24 Jan 2014 16:16 
Yes, you need to hide the form completely, as with no login fields it does not make sense.

Take a look here for this.

Author harootun
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 25 Jan 2014 01:54 
Perfect. Thanks so much, Paul!

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Customize Post Form when member is not logged in
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑