miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /  

Is it possible to disable email requirement for new users registrations?

Author julich99
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 9 Jan 2014 01:21 

I am trying to keep it so the forum allows for anonymous users.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 9 Jan 2014 10:15 
Having email address is the mandatory condition for miniBB-forum members. It is required in many other modules, so if you disable it, you may to update lots of scripts.

To keep the board for guests, you don't have to register members at all. miniBB allows guest posting by default (type a username with no password if it's not registered and you're done).

Author julich99
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 9 Jan 2014 16:27 
Thanks a lot Paul, I will instruct new members to just use a fake email if they don't want to give their real one away then!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 10 Jan 2014 09:26 
julich99:
I will instruct new members to just use a fake email if they don't want to give their real one away then!
Yes, this is a solution as well - here on our forums, we also don't require to confirm a valid email.
But this record should be put in database, even if it's invalid.

Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑