®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Template trouble

Author Mark Wilkins
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 5 Jan 2014 20:57 
I'm in the midst of upgrading from 2.4 to 3.0 and prefer the templates from 2.4. I've copied a few of them from my 2.4 installation to the 3.0 area, with mixed results.

I thought I read a post somewhere that said the older style templates were available for use with 3.0 - if true, where can I find them?

Also, is there an explanation somewhere of how the various templates fit together? Something like a list of what each template is used for and which pages it is used on.

Thanks for any info.

Mark

Author Jaime
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 6 Jan 2014 11:23 
Yes Mark, Old style will work :)

Author Mark Wilkins
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 6 Jan 2014 16:33 
Thanks Jaime. Only problem is, the template links provided by Paul in that post do not work, all produce:

Sorry...

No page was found under the URL you have speficied.

Author Mark Wilkins
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 6 Jan 2014 17:44 
Also, can someone tell me which templates are used on the main forums page? My list of Forums works, but the list of Recent Topics is coming up blank.

Thanks
Mark

Author Jaime
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 7 Jan 2014 10:33 
Hi Mark, you see on the last side the link to the Templates? And in your setup_options.php, i think, you must set $startPageModern=FALSE; Try it please, i am not sure ;-)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 7 Jan 2014 11:00 
You may take a look at this thread.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 7 Jan 2014 11:02 
Mark Wilkins:
which templates are used on the main forums page?
For the Old-school layout, they are

main_forums.html
main_forums_cell.html
main_forumgroup.html
main_last_discussions.html
main_last_discuss_cell.html

For the modern layout, they are

main_modern_layout.html
main_modern_fcell.html
main_modern_lcell.html
main_modern_stitle.html

Author Mark Wilkins
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 12 Jan 2014 13:29 
Thanks for all the info, very helpful, I'm in good shape now.

One last question, just out of curiosity, what is main_last_discuss_more.html used for?

Thanks

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#9 | Posted: 13 Jan 2014 09:00 
Mark Wilkins:
what is main_last_discuss_more.html used for?
It's for "extra" navigation pages which appear on the first page, i.e. forum/2/ , forum/3/ etc. - it's the common template for displaying header/footer in these sections.

Author Mark Wilkins
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 13 Jan 2014 22:44 
Thanks!

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Template trouble
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑