miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

The connection was reset The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.index.php

Author owneroflotek
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 22 Nov 2013 09:11 
I've got a problem with my currently running forum.
Shortly after hitting the post new topic or post a reply button regardless of wether or not you are a guest or logged in or not, the forum page index.php? crashes and makes the error posted in the Subject line of this post.

I'm using 3.0.3 of miniBB and the latest versions of phpmyadmin/php5/apache2, etc.

Regardless of wether or not you are logged in, I cannot seem to post to threads.

I've tried to duplicate the problem on IE and it crashes there aswell.

Is this a database problem? I'm suspecting corrupted database, however the database shouldnt be corrupt, all I did was I added 1,040+ forums to the database, then deleted them again, the method that I used to delete them was I used phpmyadmin and done it via a batch delete from the forums table. A perfectly cromulent thing to do in my book, or is that a recipe for disaster?

Could this have mucked things up?

Thanks for letting me know!

Author owneroflotek
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 22 Nov 2013 09:22 
Nevermind, the problem appears to be isolated to devices which use Wireless connectivity.

I've tried it on a 3rd device, connected via LAN and it works perfectly.

The two test devices which I've tried it on and it didnt work was firefox 25 and windows xp laptop, and a ipad 3 with safari. On both of those I had errors and can still repeat them.

Thats my bug report anyway. the system which it worked perfectly fine on is running firefox 25 and windows 7

I am also writing this on my windows xp laptop (and posting to this forum works perfectly fine here), so I'm beginning to now wonder if its not an apache or server issue, isolated to my specific server or something, which somehow doesnt like wireless devices.

Author owneroflotek
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 22 Nov 2013 09:26 
AHH, I think it might actually be a FIREWALL issue, there is a software firewall on this laptop which seems to fix the problem if I turn the firewall off and allow all traffic.

That seems kind of strange to me considering that this forum AND other websites appear to work perfectly fine with the firewall in normal mode, but as soon as I allow all traffic through lotek appears to fix itself..

Strange behaviour indeed! Problem solved however, it was a firewall issue.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 22 Nov 2013 19:43 
Thanks for reporting the cause.

Obviously, if the problem can be repeated from various browsers, it can't be the certain browser's or system's trouble. Something related to the server side or connection... glad you have solved it.

Author owneroflotek
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 25 Nov 2013 12:59 
I was wondering if you could remove any trace of the websites domain name from your board so it doesnt show up in search results?

It shouldnt be too difficult with the right sql command

Also could you change this nickname? with something random like diamond

Thank you very much.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 25 Nov 2013 15:57 
owneroflotek:
I was wondering if you could remove any trace of the websites domain name from your board so it doesnt show up in search results?
Sorry, I didn't understand what do you mean.

owneroflotek:
Also could you change this nickname? with something random like diamond
Again, sorry, not sure what do you mean.

Author owneroflotek
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 26 Nov 2013 08:17 
Do a g00gle search for <my domain> and you will see that my domain shows up in your boards posts.

Thanks again.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 26 Nov 2013 16:45 
I have removed all messages mentioning your domain name.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 The connection was reset The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.index.php
 Share Topic's Link

This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑