®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Avatar Upload Fails for no obvious reason

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 30 Jul 2013 14:57 
When adding a user avatar the upload often fails, even though the avatar image meets all requirements.
The last failure I have seen personally was with a 'gif' file, with the required 50x50 pixels, and 2Kb in size.
It refused to upload.

Changing the file format to 'jpg', with a slightly larger Kb size worked ok.

Any ideas?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 30 Jul 2013 15:15 
Could you repeat this on miniBB demo?

I'm not sure if GIFs are allowed to upload at all. At least they are disabled in the most recent default version.

All in all, if you are using the latest version of this add-on, I've introduced the malicious PHP code rejection, if it's found in the uploaded binary. May be it could cause something... not sure. If you could attach couple of files, which do not pass, to our FileBank, I could take a closer look.

Author kuopassa
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 30 Jul 2013 16:46 
In any case I'd suggest you increase the maximum file size as the average Joe doesn't necessarily have skills to make sure his file size is within the limits. That 2 kilobytes is so easy to reach even for 50x50 file.

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 30 Jul 2013 17:32 
Ooops, it was a gif, with the latest code!

My mistake!!!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 30 Jul 2013 18:17 
Steve Shaw:
My mistake!!!
... :)

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Avatar Upload Fails for no obvious reason
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑