®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Private Messaging - Icon Missing

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 10 Jul 2013 12:13 
I've just installed the premium Private Messaging add-in, but the Icon for sending messages is not showing...

I know this will be down to me doing something stupid, but I have checked, and re-scheck the instructions and I can't see what I have done wrong...

The 'Private Messages [0]' shows in the header, but not the icon in 'main_posts_cell.html'...

I know I'm being a pain with all these questions, but I am making good progress!

Steve

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 10 Jul 2013 12:31 
Oh - I should add that the PM icon is visible in the user's profile... just not in the message post.

;o(

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 10 Jul 2013 12:41 
I got it!!!!

It didn't like {$userInfo_username[$poster_id]} being at the end of the $userInfoInPosts=array string!!!

;o)

This works:
$userInfoInPosts=array($dbUserSheme['username'][1], $dbUserSheme['num_posts'][1], 'user_custom1', $dbUserSheme['user_custom2'][1]);

This doesn't!
$userInfoInPosts=array($dbUserSheme['num_posts'][1], 'user_custom1', $dbUserSheme['user_custom2'][1], $dbUserSheme['username'][1]
);

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 10 Jul 2013 13:07 
Steve Shaw:
It didn't like {$userInfo_username[$poster_id]} being at the end of the $userInfoInPosts=array string!!!
I'm not sure where did you get the info that this array should contain $userInfo_username[$poster_id]?

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 10 Jul 2013 15:31 
That's a good question - I've followed all the instruction word-for-word for all add-ins, so I guess one of them.
I'll check back over them and let you know!

Steve

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 10 Jul 2013 15:50 
Sorry, that was a typo in the post above - it should have said:

It didn't like $dbUserSheme['username'][1]
being at the end of the $userInfoInPosts=array string!!!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 11 Jul 2013 12:53 
Steve Shaw:
It didn't like $dbUserSheme['username'][1]
being at the end of the $userInfoInPosts=array string!!!
I'm mostly sure it can't be the reason. The order should not matter for this array. Most possibly the conflict comes from some other misconfiguration which I have no ideas about...

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 11 Jul 2013 13:03 
I can't see any other conflicts, and I have triple checked everything - but I may have just missed it...

Wonder what else it could be????

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#9 | Posted: 11 Jul 2013 17:09 
I'm sure I could find the reason.
But this is about your custom issue and my paid service. Without seeing/debugging files I have no ideas, sorry.

Like always for add-on issues, I may recommend to check the Compiler and how it builds in this add-on only - you may get the ideas from there.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Private Messaging - Icon Missing
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑