Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

no luck to move minibb to new server how to? & what i did

Author cp_9
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 26 Jun 2013 21:14 
Hi all,

I wonder what i made wrong, my feeling says it's a a very simple thing.. but i an blind from trying :-) Whenever i am trying to go to the forum, i get only a blank white screen (no source code)

I want to move a running minibb installation to another server. What i did:

1) i set up a "lamp" server as shown here:
www.penguintutor.com/linux/raspberrypi-webserver

2) made a dump of my mysql database with "mysqldump" into a .sql file

3) copyed the /var/www/minibbc folder (that's where my installation of minibb sits) to the new machine and set the chown/chmod as it was on the original machine

4) using mysql, created the database and run "source mydump.sql" in mysql -> all tables are there with content.

I thought that's it, but when i go to to mywebserver/minibbc/index.php i see nothing at all, and when i check the source code i see also nothing at all.

I am not an expert, i think it's something very easy. thanks for any help getting nearer to the problem!

Author cp_9
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 26 Jun 2013 22:12 
i am a little further:

to see what happens, i fould that i can set this lines to my index.php:

ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', 'On'); //On or Off

now it shows an error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function gd_info() in /var/www/minibbc/bb_plugins.php on line 185

what's it?

Author cp_9
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 26 Jun 2013 22:27 
hmm.. seems that php5-gd was not installed (what is it? :-)

after
apt-get install php5-gd

and restarting apache it works now as it should. For the moment! :-)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 27 Jun 2013 11:46 
I'm wondering seeing that you propose "you are not an expert" at the same time you're trying to configure and setup LAMP.
I think if you are up to it, you shall go through all of this problems on your own and learn.
Good to see you're in progress on it :)

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 no luck to move minibb to new server how to? & what i did
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑