| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

miniBB 3.0.1 released - stable, fixed, secured, dedicated

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#16 | Posted: 31 May 2013 01:39 
Paul:
This version of miniBB is thoroughly tested and made compatible with the most recent at this date release of PHP, which is 5.4.x.
Please pardon my ignorance, but does this mean a minimum of PHP 5.4.x is required to run miniBB 3.0.1? I am running PHP 5.2.x.

Edit: Just checked miniBB's system requirements page, and it says minibb requires a minimum of v4.1.0 to run.
Edit 2: My web host has offered me the option to upgrade to PHP 5.4.x - so, all's good! :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#17 | Posted: 31 May 2013 11:32 
You've made my minute, answering your own question, thanks :)

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#18 | Posted: 31 May 2013 11:57 
Hi again, Paul.
I am afraid I may ruin your next minute with this question:
I have been good at keeping my miniBB installation current until now. To upgrade from version 2.5a to the current version (3.0.2) with only the files for version 3.0.2 available, is it correct that I still need to follow the upgrade instructions from 2.5a -> 3.0, then 3.0 -> 3.0.1 and then 3.0.1-> 3.0.2?
With thanks as always,
marsbar

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#19 | Posted: 31 May 2013 12:32 
Yes, you should follow the "Update History" file from top to bottom and apply changes which were performed below your version. The most recent release includes *all* possible updates listed in this file. Even if some script is mentioned few times for many versions, it means, the most recent release contains this file upgraded for all of these versions, and so you need to update this file just once.

Actually, in almost any case there is required to update core *.php files, and adjust templates, if they contain something specific.
Good luck :)

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#20 | Posted: 3 Jun 2013 08:47 
Hi Paul, and fellow miniBB administrators,

(1)
Paul:
Removing user profiles now will be allowed to moderators, too (with the optional possibility to exclude certain moderators from this feature). For this, to the earlier admin panel's function, there is a couple of new conditions added. Now it's possible to just *block* the user's account without completely removing it; AND delete user's messages at once. This could allow to fight spamming members more effectively. Often there is a case when some account floods a lot of messages, and later there is no way to remove them all easily at once. Now there should be few of ways.
I must be blind ... but how does the administrator deny certain moderators the ability to delete user profiles?

To block the user's account without removing it - is the new option the same as "disable"/block account feature that has been available to both the administrator and moderator(s) since miniBB version 2.0.3?

(2)
Paul:
To avoid confusions, admin panel's "delete email notifications" section now will not remove all emails from the subscriptions table, if no email was typed in. Instead, a standalone "Delete All" button will be present on this form (with the proper addition of this phrase to the language pack).
Could you clarify this, please. Since upgrading to v3.0.1, I get two buttons, the original "Delete" (email notifications) and a new "Delete all" button.

Am I meant to see just one button, or both buttons? If both are meant to be present, is "delete" designed for deleting subscriptions linked to a single email address (which the administrator must specify), and the "delete all" button is designed for deleting all subscriptions (global delete)?

(3) Concerning the "super sticky" feature introduced in v3.0:
Is this feature available only to the administrator or to both the administrator and the moderator(s)?

And how does a "super sticky" thread differ from a classic "sticky" thread?

To enable the "super sticky" option, which "old school" templates need I adjust?

With thanks -
marsbar

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#21 | Posted: 5 Jun 2013 12:31 
marsbar:
but how does the administrator deny certain moderators the ability to delete user profiles?
This is not documented.
You may put this in bb_specials.php:

$excludeDeleteUsers=array(USER_ID1, USER_ID2...);

where USER_ID1, USER_ID2... are comma-delimited user IDs of moderators you would like to restrict from this feature.

marsbar:
Is "delete" designed for deleting subscriptions linked to a single email address (which the administrator must specify), and the "delete all" button is designed for deleting all subscriptions (global delete)?
Yes, exactly!

marsbar:
Concerning the "super sticky" feature introduced in v3.0:
Is this feature available only to the administrator or to both the administrator and the moderator(s)?
It's only available to Administrator.

marsbar:
And how does a "super sticky" thread differ from a classic "sticky" thread?
Super-sticky thread appears on the first page of forum on top of all threads, and also in the "extra-navigation" pages which you may see paginated at the bottom of the first page (i.e. "All threads navigation").

marsbar:
To enable the "super sticky" option, which "old school" templates need I adjust?
templates/main_last_discussions.html
templates/main_topics.html

They should list {$specialThreads} on top of the {$list_topics} var.
templates/main_last_discuss_more.html
You should adjust it to the old-school layout.

Welcome :)

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 miniBB 3.0.1 released - stable, fixed, secured, dedicated
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑