®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /  

politics in relation to the engine

Author Jimm
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 13 May 2013 13:22 
Greetings. For a long time, I was interested in politics in relation to the engine.

First of all, maybe we should do a commercial version?
I think you will have extra motivation for continuous improvement of the engine, then your work will be paid.

In addition, despite the minibb understand its basic problems:

-Installation did not complete - if you want to get normal
working forum, be prepared to look for a lot of plug-ins that need to be from the beginning of it.

- Templates, face the engine and the Forum, and temnimenie installation is very poor template after which no longer wants to continue to Use it all.

- No add-ons from other users. I think this is an important drawback with this need to do something. take a look at commercial engines such as IB, Vbulletin: except for a set of plug-ins from the developers of their even written by the users. What's stopping you motivate us to do
the same?

I sincerely hope my comments and suggestions will be heard, at least for the additions from users and the commercial version.

Author Jimm
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 14 May 2013 23:27 
Paul
do not want to answer? so some things I was right.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 16 May 2013 11:22 
Sorry for a bit late response. I was out for a business trip and didn't have time to actually reply any message. Arrived just today.
First of all, thanks for your suggestions.

Here are some replies in short:

Jimm:
First of all, maybe we should do a commercial version?
I think you will have extra motivation for continuous improvement of the engine, then your work will be paid.
The collection of the Premium add-ons we have already allows to build a "commercial" version, thus it will be a bit cheaper than competitor products. We also have plans to provide a "package" for purchase, where you could buy all add-ons at once and do not lose time buying standalone packages. But so far, it's also possible to buy & build it in the mode we have now.

Jimm:
-Installation did not complete - if you want to get normal
working forum, be prepared to look for a lot of plug-ins that need to be from the beginning of it.
The Compiler tool allows to build a full core in less than a minute. You don't have to install the add-ons manually at the very initial start.

Jimm:
- Templates, face the engine and the Forum, and temnimenie installation is very poor template after which no longer wants to continue to Use it all.
Sorry, I didn't understand what did you mean here.

Jimm:
- No add-ons from other users. I think this is an important drawback with this need to do something. take a look at commercial engines such as IB, Vbulletin: except for a set of plug-ins from the developers of their even written by the users. What's stopping you motivate us to do the same?
The question may be already answered.
Nothing actually stopping other users to code add-ons. If you browse our forum, you will see there is quite a lot of solutions and codes provided by 3rd party. But how many of them are being supported 'till now? Only rare of them gained the "official" status of support. Because rather noone could support some add-on for years. If miniBB would be built using 3rd party powers only, the project would be closed soon time ago. It's only saved because we set the high standards of such products.

miniBB is not a standard product and we don't want to make it standard. It's the tool which works for exact purpose and for the exact person. We don't need to develop "something similar" to VB or phpBB or other software you may have in mind. We don't enter the competition with a regular software or "something similar". It's a branding product. And surely it's not for everybody, as it can't be. That's it.

Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 politics in relation to the engine
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑