miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

Direct Email

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#16 | Posted: 22 Apr 2008 04:02 
Moony:
I cannot test this plugin on the test forum. After entering captcha I get redirected to the main forum's page.
It is related to test forum only. We have disabled emailing features there to avoid any kind of emailing spam - don't forget they are pure public forums. So you test this add-on by steps until actually send the message (recently we have updated it so at least the posting form step appears, please check now - and thanks for this report...)

Author Moony
Partaker
#17 | Posted: 22 Apr 2008 13:10 
I have tried and everything works nice.

Author namaste
Partaker
#18 | Posted: 22 Jun 2012 23:35 
Many thanks for this addon.
It works when I sign in as a member, but not as guest.
I would like to allow guests to send emails to members, can this be done?

The Contact/"Click to Send a message by Email" link brings a blank page when I am not signed in.
I did not put checking on user ID as mentioned above.

My board is for registered members only. I have added a simple security access code (not captcha) for the email form to prevent spams.

Thank you for any assistance.

Author tom322
#19 | Posted: 23 Jun 2012 01:08 
You can try to edit this addon script and comment/remove: if ($user_id>0) ...

Author namaste
Partaker
#20 | Posted: 23 Jun 2012 05:55 
tom322:
You can try to edit this addon script and comment/remove: if ($user_id>0) ...
Oh that is so brilliant. Thank you tom322 for the quick response.

Author Jaime
Partaker
#21 | Posted: 4 Apr 2013 14:08 
Just strikes me that the Report link ({$reportLink} variable) appears even in closed topics in posts. How can I stop this?

A closed topic i can determine, for example via parseTopic and if($GLOBALS['cols'][5]==1) ... but here I have to work well with the functional parseMessage ... and just i have no idea for the right code :-/

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#22 | Posted: 4 Apr 2013 17:00 
You may refer to $GLOBALS['topicData'][1] indeed.
I.e.
if ($GLOBALS['topicData'][1]==1) {
//do not display Report link
}
In the case of this add-on, you may extend this (default) code to:

if($GLOBALS['user_id']>1 or ($GLOBALS['user_id']==0 and $GLOBALS['directEmailGuests']) and $GLOBALS['topicData'][1]==0) {
$GLOBALS['reportLink']='...';
}

Author Jaime
Partaker
#23 | Posted: 4 Apr 2013 17:50 
Thank you Paul, it works exactly as it should.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 Direct Email
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑