miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /  

the variable '$post_text_minlength' what controls?

Author cleargoal
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 26 Mar 2013 15:12 
Hi, Paul!

I changed this variable's value in waiting to it controls a post minimum length but, it seems it controls the header of post.

Author Jaime
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 27 Mar 2013 09:10 
With this variable you specify how many sign a posting must have. That goes for the title and the text of the posting.

Author cleargoal
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 27 Mar 2013 15:54 
So, I cannot to set difference: for example, title has minimum 25 signs and text has minimum 100 signs?

Author Jaime
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 28 Mar 2013 08:28 
Sure there's a possibility, if not - Paul could create this :) But you need really? Sometimes answers can also have less than 100 characters .. ? Create rules for your forum and please your users to follow these. Those who do not observed, its posting will be deleted without comment. :)

Author cleargoal
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 28 Mar 2013 13:24 
Jaime:
Those who do not observed, its posting will be deleted without comment. :)
No, it's too strictly. I'll wait until Paul create a possibility to separate setup of these two values.
Now yet let it be as is.

Author Jaime
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 29 Mar 2013 08:52 
So I do not see why I would need it.

Ops .. in your forum, the answer would have been impossible ... less than 100 characters ;-)

cleargoal:
No, it's too strictly
Sure - my forum ... my rules! Each of the registers may accept it or he may just not my forum.

The Internet is full of places where everyone thinks he can do whatever he wants. And I do not how to deal with one another there. Therefore, I have also my own kingdom 8-)

Author cleargoal
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 29 Mar 2013 11:20 
Jaime:
less than 100 characters
I would set it for post text only.

Jaime:
Therefore, I have also my own kingdom
Yes, it's wonderful :)
my site is my castle

Author Jaime
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 29 Mar 2013 12:32 
cleargoal:
I would set it for post text only.
And my post text was only So I do not see why I would need it. (Less than 100 characters!) ... i would not want to write more ..

Author cleargoal
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 29 Mar 2013 13:36 
Jaime:
i would not want to write more ..
ok-ok... Now I set it to 25 but, with tears. :)
I would like to the posts and comments on my forum would more informative.

Author Jaime
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 29 Mar 2013 14:28 
Hey cleargoal

I would like to the posts and comments on my forum would more informative.
Who would not want that! I just do it ... and see if it imitate my users. If not, i write a nice review or email and please the user for more informative posts. But this is rarely required.

I think this topic is so complete and i hope youre not alone and someone can you wipe away the tears :,(

Author cleargoal
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 29 Mar 2013 19:19 
Jaime:
I think this topic is so complete
Yes, I agree.
Thanks for conversation!

By the way, I had saw your site. Are you really made it on miniBB base? Good work.

Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /
 the variable '$post_text_minlength' what controls?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑