®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /  

surprise for me

Author cleargoal
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 26 Mar 2013 15:29 
Yes it is surprise: I look some item on my forum and see "Эта тема закрыта. Ответы больше не принимаются." (sorry for Russian).
I want to block this possibility to close post and I would like have all posts open for comments always. How to do it?

Author Jaime
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 26 Mar 2013 17:22 
Do you have the option $userUnlock=0; in setup_options.php ? Then your users can close their own posts and you see the message described.

From the manual:
$userUnlock=0; If it is set to 0, registered user can not unlock his topic again after it was locked (by admin or himself), and vice versa. If set to 2, users are not able to lock their topics in general (avail. from ver. 2.0 RC3).

Author cleargoal
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 26 Mar 2013 22:54 
Thank you very much!
What is means
Jaime:
and vice versa
in this content?

By the way, when I placed my own post I had no option to lock comments but, other user had option to lock.
How does it look? What kind of operation he made to lock?

Author Jaime
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 27 Mar 2013 09:30 
cleargoal:
and vice versa
И наоборот ? .. if that is the correct translation for you :)

Set $userUnlock=2; then only the admin or mods can close an topic.

Author cleargoal
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 27 Mar 2013 15:43 
Jaime:
if that is the correct translation for you
yes, translation I saw by Google but, what means vice versa in this case:
Jaime:
registered user can not unlock his topic again after it was locked (by admin or himself), and vice versa
?

Author Jaime
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 27 Mar 2013 16:51 
cleargoal - You can lock an topic and ... vice versa? ... I think .. unlock ;-) Right? So anyway, i would explain it ..

Author cleargoal
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 27 Mar 2013 20:18 
Jaime:
So anyway, i would explain it
Jaime thanks for your kindness and patience! But,
Jaime:
From the manual:
$userUnlock=0; If it is set to 0, registered user can not unlock his topic again after it was locked (by admin or himself), and vice versa.
So, that 'vice versa' is not simple to understand. However, it's linguistic and now for me the sense is clear. I setup $userUnlock=2; and I'm ready to finish this conversation.

Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /
 surprise for me
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑