®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

How To Install Add-ons?

Author zifaun
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 25 Mar 2013 11:21 
Hi, I've been browsing around the Downloads and the Manual pages for info on how to install the add-ons. I can't seem to find any results on it in the forum either, or maybe I'm using the wrong keywords.

So far I've tried uploading all the files in the zip to the forum's root directory, and tried it again before running a fresh installation of the forum.
I was trying to add the Avatars, Signatures, Who's Online, Review and Member List plugins. I added the plugin code(s) into the bb_plugins.php, but nothing happened.

In any case, can someone please point me to the right direction?

Author Jaime
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 25 Mar 2013 12:19 
You should unzip the files but first to a temporary directory, not the same in the forum directory. If you unzip an addon, it contains a readme file. There is described in detail how to install it.

Author zifaun
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 25 Mar 2013 12:26 
I unzipped them unto my desktop and followed whatever instructions I could find.

For example
- I uploaded the "img", "lang" and "templates" folders for the Avatars plugin.
- Added the codes found in the "bb_plugins.code.txt" file and pasted it into the "bb_plugins.php" under the "if (!defined('INCLUDED776')) die ('Fatal error.');" line.
- And finally created the two folders "shared_files" and "avatars" with the 0777 permissions.

But nothing happened.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 25 Mar 2013 12:39 
Like it was correctly mentioned above, each of the add-on's package contains a README.txt file which you should follow for the proper installation.

Also, for making the life easier, we have the Compiler tool, which does the compilation job for you in a few seconds. But again, after getting a compiled version, you should follow the README.txt attached to this package, to install everything properly.

For those not advanced technically, we are also providing Premium Services of installation, customization and compilation jobs.

Author ramiszaro
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 3 Apr 2013 07:38 
Thanks for the info i was searching this in many forums Awesome.Great! .

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 How To Install Add-ons?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑