miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /  

Admin confirmation of new registration?

Author wilkinsmd
#1 | Posted: 7 Mar 2013 23:47 
My apologies if this has been described already, I've done a lot of searching but have not found exact an description for what I'm trying to do.

I do not allow anonymous posts, you must register to post. I have the CAPTCHA add-on. Even so, I'm getting a lot of spammers.

In setup_options.php I have set:
$emailusers=1;
$genEmailDisable=0;
$closeRegister=1;
$emailadmposts=0;

With these parameters set, when new users register they are sent an e-mail with their password. They can then login and start spamming while I sleep. I do NOT receive an e-mail that anyone has registered.

I would like instead to receive an e-mail when someone tries register. I do not want them to gain access to post until I manually approve or reject them. If it's in the middle of the night, tough, they can wait. Is this possible? I have not found a way.

Thanks for any help!
Mark

Author Jaime
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 8 Mar 2013 11:00 
Look here: Administrator approving new users? .. I think it will help you.

Author wilkinsmd
#3 | Posted: 8 Mar 2013 23:58 
Thanks!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 10 Mar 2013 10:39 
Captcha has a different mode when it checks for a code each time when the post is made.
These options are named (in bb_plugins.php) $enableForRegistered and $checkEachRequest, you may try to play with them.

Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /
 Admin confirmation of new registration?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑