Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Forum replies counter shows a negative count

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#1 | Posted: 2 Jan 2013 10:49 
Happy New Year, Paul.

The total number of replies counter of one forum is showing a negative count of minus one. The respective replies counters of my other 16 forums (in the same miniBB set up) are correct (and unaffected by the problem).

Any ideas what may have caused this irregularity - and how to fix? Your expert advice/help will be gratefully received.

With thanks -
mb

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 2 Jan 2013 15:37 
Thank you. Happy New Year!

Difficult to say about your trouble.
Is it kind of specific forum (closed, read-only, post-only)?
Does it contain any topics inside of it?
To adjust the wrong count of topics, it is in most cases enough to create a topic and delete it.

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#3 | Posted: 2 Jan 2013 16:28 
Hi again, Paul.

Thank you for your prompt response!

The problem counter seems to have corrected itself! I have only made the following changes since reporting the problem here several hours ago:
a) deleted all the 700+ temp files from my miniBB's shared_files directory (related thread: Hundreds of zero byte files in shared_directory)
b) deleted 20+ members (spammers).
c) banned a few IDs and IPs.
Could any of these actions have had an impact?

Paul:
Is it kind of specific forum (closed, read-only, post-only)? Does it contain any topics inside of it?
It is a members-only forum, which contains 238 topics and (now correctly reading) 1863 replies.

Paul:
To adjust the wrong count of topics, it is in most cases enough to create a topic and delete it.
I see! Thank you, I will keep this in mind for future reference.

Cheers,
mb

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Forum replies counter shows a negative count
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑