miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

File Bank

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next »

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#31 | Posted: 6 Dec 2012 19:22 
It is about how different browsers may interpret the file type of the file they are receiving.
You must set 'application/force-download' in the file types settings to allow this kind of file to pass.

Author Jaime
Partaker
#32 | Posted: 6 Dec 2012 20:04 
Works now perfectly, thanks!

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#33 | Posted: 18 Nov 2016 09:45 
Hi

I'm interested in this add-on. Does it work fine with the 'Files and Images Attachments' that I have installed. Also is there the ability to resize large size image uploads to a defined maximum size (as it is with Files and Images Attachments) to avoid huge photos taking up server space?

Thanks

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#34 | Posted: 18 Nov 2016 21:18 
Bluesplayer:
Does it work fine with the 'Files and Images Attachments' that I have installed.
Those are two standalone add-ons, with different architecture and approaches in uploading files. They still could work both when installed.

Bluesplayer:
Also is there the ability to resize large size image uploads to a defined maximum size (as it is with Files and Images Attachments) to avoid huge photos taking up server space?
Yes, there is. But each user defines it on his/her own, there's an option when uploading a file. Some files may not need resizing, 'cause they are resized already or small.

You could check the uploading form straight on our forums.

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#35 | Posted: 19 Nov 2016 11:48 
Thanks I will be buying it then.

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#36 | Posted: 7 Jun 2017 11:45 
I have the 'Upload a File' capability active on our forum, but when I try to upload a .pdf or .zip file I get the following error message:

Sorry! Your file has failed to upload. Either it is of a format not allowed to upload, is too large, such file already exists in the specified folder, or there was an internal server error. Please, try again after making corrections to the original file.

REF:#application/pdf#572156#1993_04_07_snippet.pdf#pdf#SCANFALSE

I have checked the configuration, and all looks correct...
What do you think is wrong?

Steve

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#37 | Posted: 11 Jun 2017 12:31 
Ass/set something like this to addon_storage_options.php / $anonUsersFiles or $regUsersFiles arrays:

'application/pdf'=>1536000,

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#38 | Posted: 11 Jun 2017 12:41 
Changing the .pdf to 'application/pdf'=>1536000, has worked!

With the .zip files it says REF:#application/x-zip-compressed#3794#leparklifeblattsygicroutes.zip#zip#SCANFALSE

I can see no option for x-zip???

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#39 | Posted: 11 Jun 2017 12:44 
Steve Shaw:
I can see no option for x-zip???
Then add/set it.

'application/x-zip-compressed'=>1536000,
In other words, the first reference followed after REF between #...# in the error text, is in common cases the precise type you shall add.

Various browsers may set different types for the same extension file.

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#40 | Posted: 11 Jun 2017 12:58 
Yeah!!!

'application/x-zip-compressed'=>1536000,
Works!!!

Thanks for the help!

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#41 | Posted: 9 Nov 2018 19:40 
Any idea why I can't upload mp4 files to my MAMP server? This is the error message ...

Sorry! Your file has been failed to upload. Either it is not allowed to upload files with the following type or size, either such file already exists in the specified folder; either there was an internal server error. Please, try again.

REF:#video/mp4#8614250##mp4#SCANFALSE
I think this is server related. I have checked the file sizes and can upload zip files which are larger so there isn't an issue there.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#42 | Posted: 10 Nov 2018 03:47 
Bluesplayer
Check addon_storage_options.php and make sure 'mp4' is added to the $fileTypeAssociations array, that way:

'mp4'=>array('video/mpeg', 'video/mp4'),
It seems the browser you're uploading from (BTW which one it is?) sends 'video/mp4' header for this type of files, which is not defined by default.

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#43 | Posted: 10 Nov 2018 11:01 
Paul:
Check addon_storage_options.php and make sure 'mp4' is added to the $fileTypeAssociations array, that way:

'mp4'=>array('video/mpeg', 'video/mp4'),
That did it!

Thanks

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#44 | Posted: 12 Nov 2018 21:53 
Hi Paul - I am again having issues trying to upload pdf files...
I just get the message:

Sorry! Your file has failed to upload. Either it is of a format not allowed to upload, is too large, such file already exists in the specified folder, or there was an internal server error. Please, try again after making corrections to the original file.

No other text.

Everything looks to be as it should be with 'addon_storage_options.php'

Any thoughts?

Steve

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#45 | Posted: 13 Nov 2018 00:28 
Steve Shaw
Could you provide the "REF" line which should displayed below the error message? The similar to the one posted in the post #41 above.

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 File Bank
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑