miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

"First page news" plug-in, sticky topics?

Author ramchandra
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 3 Oct 2012 14:57 
Hello,

Recently I installed miniBB software and so far I am very pleased with it :)

Is it posible for the "first page news" plug-in to folow exactly the order ot topics in the forum -
if there are some sticky topics on top, the plug in to show them always on top aswell?

Thank you.

Author tom322
#2 | Posted: 3 Oct 2012 21:12 
It is possible with custom modification - but you only have one forum? What if you have more than 1 forum - which sticky topics should appear? What about closed topics? :)

Author Guest
~
#3 | Posted: 3 Oct 2012 21:43 
Thank you for the replay.

I have more than one forum, but only one will be shown in front page.
My idea is to show on first page exactly the structure of one of the forums( sticky topic, resent replay topic etc.)
To use it like kinf of info-board.

Author tom322
#4 | Posted: 4 Oct 2012 00:23 
It's very possible, but needs some custom (and not easy) work. You may contact Paul (using the Contact link below) and he should be able to do it.

Author ramchandra
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 5 Oct 2012 13:13 
Hi,

I decided to put only one forum "in the plug-in" which is read-only, so topics will stay the way they are posted.

But another problem appears - when I click on "more news" link at the bottom of the plug-in, It says "The topic doesn't exist...." instead of
bring me to the particular forum.

What could be the reason for that?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 5 Oct 2012 15:27 
ramchandra:
What could be the reason for that?
There could be many reasons.

One of them is that URL in the add-on doesn't relate to the URL in the topic you are redirected to.
Just compare these hyperlinks, and... you should be a step closer to solve this riddle :)

Author ramchandra
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 5 Oct 2012 17:01 
Paul:
One of them is that URL in the add-on doesn't relate to the URL in the topic you are redirected to.
Yes but why. Shouldn't "more news link" point automaticaly to the forum described in "$displayForums" settings of the plug-in?
I had to make it point to the correct forum by hand, do not know if this is the right way.

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 "First page news" plug-in, sticky topics?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑