®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Disable bbcode?

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 18 Jul 2012 19:12 
My forum is only being used to post special offers and so on that are sent to me daily. Sometimes these can reach 30-50 emails in a day. I need to post these into the forum as fast as possible with the minimum of code correction. This means I need to post html into the posts that isn't interfered with by bbcode. The emails come with all sorts of html and this would be a nightmare to try and correct these using bbcode.

I have altered the forum to allow html for Admin but the bbcode is still interfering with the code I am posting.

At the moment I am posting directly into the database using phpmyadmin but this will get awkward very quickly as the number of posts grow.

It doesn't matter about security as I am using a 2nd minibb forum to post from a subcategory which is read by the minibb forum in the root of the domain. Reason being I have removed the post form on the root minibb forum so that users can't post new topics but only reply.

Is this possible?

Regards

Author tom322
#2 | Posted: 19 Jul 2012 06:26 
10 years later - and still should work. That's what miniBB is all about ;-) -

disable BB codes

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 19 Jul 2012 10:27 
Thanks again. If this works it will be ideal.

Update

Doesn't work. It appears that code is being stripped away. Urls are being displayed without the quotation marks. Also div styling is being removed. Lots of other problems too. I have activated html for admin by the way. Something else needs to be addressed.

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 19 Jul 2012 11:41 
Fixed it!

Had to edit the bb_func_txt file as well to stop certain parts of the html code from being replaced. I can now post html directly and it displays as is.

Perfect!

UPDATE

I replaced all the bbcode so users can still use it. The above means I can post html in as admin and the stuff works as it should. Whereas if I just allowed html with admin the html was messed up.

TinyMCE?

I think the above would allow the use of TinyMCE as another editor which is very easy to install. I might well have a go at installing it.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Disable bbcode?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑