miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /  

Is there a way to have two, or more multiple admins, and grant regular user admin rights?

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#31 | Posted: 13 Jul 2006 03:37 
tobykwAn wrote: How to "upgrade" a normal user to admin. How do I do that? Eg. make user number 2 and 3 admins - that is, give them the admin rights.

miniBB comes with ONE administrator's account. I believe the only way to share full admin privileges in miniBB is to share the admin account; i.e. share admin login/password. <-- not recommended.

As mentioned by others, you can assign multiple moderators (no sharing of login details necessary); and if desired, you can do what #10 did: assign moderators the customised title of 'admin'.

All the best -
mb

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#32 | Posted: 13 Jul 2006 08:44 
I believe the only way to share full admin privileges in miniBB is to share the admin account; i.e. share admin login/password. <-- not recommended.

Yes, it is the only one way - but nothing insecure here. This account is used widely for technical purposes, and for example, here on miniBB, we all know Team's (admin's) login and password.

Author arthas
Partaker
#33 | Posted: 13 Dec 2002 12:38 
6 Oct 2006 04:42 - Attached on mergeing:
add admin

How do I add two admin or above?
How do I add moderator for my forum?

Thanks!

Author Team
8-)
#34 | Posted: 13 Dec 2002 12:49 
How do I add two admin or above?
No way. Only one admin.

How do I add moderator for my forum?

Read manual.

Author mostafa
Partaker
#35 | Posted: 19 Jun 2012 12:37 
i problem with admin login.
i right installed the minibb bot cant login with admin!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#36 | Posted: 19 Jun 2012 20:31 
mostafa:
i right installed the minibb bot cant login with admin!
You may need to check related thread because of that.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /
 Is there a way to have two, or more multiple admins, and grant regular user admin rights?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑