®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Show latest posts in domain

Author jmcwebtrip
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 7 Jun 2012 13:15 
I have put my forum in a subdomain. What I do is a call from the main domain so that it displays something on the main page displaying the last two posts in the forum, making only the first 20 characters of each post and with the links to the forum
How could I make that call?

Thanks

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 7 Jun 2012 13:57 
You may use the free "First page news" add-on from Downloads to display content from your forum on external pages.

Author jmcwebtrip
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 7 Jun 2012 14:34 
There is anything that I'm doing that isn't well because ins't working
Here I put in addon_1stpagenews2.php
$path='/hsphere/local/home/c34727/foros.fotoviaje.net/'; Is it correct?
the call get throught include
<?php include ('http://foros.fotoviaje.net/addon_1stpagenews2.php');?> is it correct?

Thanks

Author kuopassa
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 8 Jun 2012 00:39 
You could alternatively try to install RSS addon for the forum and then grab the RSS feed and show its contents where you like. You can fetch RSS feeds with for example SimplePie.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 8 Jun 2012 22:06 
jmcwebtrip:
$path='/hsphere/local/home/c34727/foros.fotoviaje.net/'; Is it correct?
How can I know it? :) It depends on what is given by getpwd() function.

jmcwebtrip:
<?php include ('http://foros.fotoviaje.net/addon_1stpagenews2.php');?> is it correct?
You don't have to deal with PHP in that case. Use JavaScript option of this add-on, it would be much simpler for you.

Dealing with PHP include means your subforum should be on the same server as the primary site. This add-on can not be included like you did, via HTTP request.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 8 Jun 2012 23:20 
I've just got my hands on the similar add-on and I think you don't see anything because error reporting is disabled in PHP.
But actually, you may also get this error when including PHP file from external resource:
http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_include=0

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Show latest posts in domain
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑