Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

error

Author floraforum
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 22 May 2012 18:03 
What is the meaning of this error???

Notice: Undefined index: l_previousPage in /home/.sites/120/site35/web/bb_functions.php on line 205 Notice: Undefined index: l_nextPage in /home/.sites/120/site35/web/bb_functions.php on line 207

Where did i go wrong

Author tom322
#2 | Posted: 22 May 2012 22:29 
Probably you didn't specify: $l_nextPage='Next'; in your language file?

Author floraforum
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 23 May 2012 19:20 
Now i have added the following in my lang file;

$l_nextPage='Volgende';
$l_previousPage='Vorige';

Now i'm getting this error;

Notice: Undefined variable: prevNav in /home/.sites/120/site35/web/bb_functions.php on line 232

Any idea?

Author floraforum
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 23 May 2012 19:30 
I've removed line 232 from bb_functions and now it's working!
Isn't that strange?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 24 May 2012 11:17 
I'm not sure what kind of line do you mean, and what kind of miniBB version do you have.
In the current package, there is a comment on this line number, which obviously can't affect any code.
Definitely, removing something from the core file is not a proper solution, and that only means you still have some misconfiguration or improper setting on your end, which is impossible to determine without deeper debugging.

Author floraforum
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 24 May 2012 21:08 
Okay.That's what i was afraid of.
I've put back the removed line in functions
and added

$l_nextPage='Volgende';

to my lang file and now the error is gone and everything is working as i should be.
So i'm happy.

thanks for the support

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 24 May 2012 22:40 
floraforum:
Now i have added the following in my lang file;

$l_nextPage='Volgende';
Above you also have written that after adding these lines, there appeared some error :)
So I'm a bit confused at this point as it's not clear what the problem was about, in general.

Author floraforum
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 25 May 2012 14:53 
Yes, Paul I was also confused,
But first there was an error as told in my first topic.
So I specified: $ l_nextPage = 'Next', and $ l_previousPage = 'Previous', in my language file.
Still, there was an error on line 232 from bb_functions.
So I removed that line and it worked fine.
But as you said this is not the way to this problem.
Then I removed the entire bb_functions file and replace it whit the original file.
It worked fine.
I think I accidentally erased something in bb_functions file and that was the reason for the first error.
Once when the original file was replaced the errors disappeared

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#9 | Posted: 26 May 2012 11:09 
floraforum:
Then I removed the entire bb_functions file and replace it whit the original file.
Ok, I hope you will know next time that the latest versions of all files should be installed prior to reporting a bug ;)

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 error
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑