Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

Premium add-ons are being updated for miniBB 3.0

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next »

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#1 | Posted: 24 Jan 2012 20:26 
These days I've started the work on updating all premium add-ons for the newest version of miniBB.
Mostly, all changes will affect the layout and how it looks. However, some of the add-ons will also have new features added.
In this thread, I will post about all updates gradually.

At first, Checker and File Bank add-ons were updated, as they are the only premium add-ons present on miniBB support board.

File Bank contains the new set of icons for the files list, $eeol setting for using in the notification email, and there is a bit of more comfort added when uploading multiple pictures one by one - in that case, most likely all pictures will be uploaded in the same folder, with the same thumbnail settings, and the script now will take information about the most recent picture uploaded by the author, and will try to reload its settings on the uploading form.

Forums Checker mostly contains a bit of reworked and fixed layout, and there are no functional changes.

Will continue to work on the other add-ons and hope to post some new here soon.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 6 Feb 2012 19:58 
I'd like to confirm that the Images/Files Attachments add-on is now completely updated to miniBB 3.0., incl. the update for the mobile version.
Yes, in mobile version it will be also allowed to attach files, if your mobile device allows it.

Comparing to the previous version 2.1.1, changes mostly affect the mobile version.
List of updated files:

- addon_fileupload_options.php - depending on the `if(!defined('MOBILE'))` condition, different settings may be loaded;

- addon_fileupload.php - updates regarding $fileUpload and $fileUploadPopUp vars;

- language pack [lang/fileupload_eng.php] - $l_uploadFile, $l_chooseFile should have now a complete HTML formatting included. They are also followed by the mobile version's condition. I have also updated all language packs included, to have these conditions installed (Bulgarian, Russian, Vietnamese, French, German, Hebrew and Spanish, which are currently provided with this add-on).

The upgrade is mostly for those who cares about their security, and tries to be up-to-date in everything. Actually, these changes are not even visible for the core miniBB version. I continue working on the whole miniBB demo to have these changes present.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 10 Feb 2012 12:44 
Private Messages add-on was updated today to the version 2.4.2, which includes mostly minor updates regarding miniBB 3.0 layout and the mobile version. This add-on will be available in the Mobile version as well. Still there is one major fix: the message form is not opened until it's not allowed to send a PM (in the older versions, errors were appearing only after the form is being submitted, and so users often lost their PMs to inactive or quota-exceeded users).

Updated files:

addon_pmail.php - removed spare $pmail_panel 's <br />; added pageNav parsing; previous/next links now will contain straight text; l_pmOutOfLimitFix msg fix ($inboxtotal removed); $check_pmquota code

addon_pmail_send.php - removed spare $pmail_panel 's <br />; $check_pmquota code

templates/addon_pmail_msgs.html - reworked styling, <!--pageNav--> tag
templates/addon_pmail_msgs_cell.html - reworked styling
templates/addon_pmail_panel.html - {$mbpnPan} added
templates/addon_pmail_sendmsg.html - reworked styling
templates/addon_pmail_sendtool.html - reworked styling
templates/addon_pmail_viewmsg.html - checkBrowser, getQuotation functions update, $subject moved to header

lang/pmail_eng.php - only English language fixes

bb_plugins.code updates (mostly Top Link code)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 14 Feb 2012 17:15 
Today I've taken my time to fix lots of Compiler's stuff, and so now I can confirm Compiler is on the way to be compatible with miniBB 3. I have updated miniBB package as well, but it only contains few CSS/HTML fixes, and the index.php is updated to keep $forum=0 before $searchBox is loaded.

I have also went through the painful updating of Configurable Topic Form add-on, and now I can confirm it works well with miniBB 3.

Besides of the Configurable Topic Form add-on, with Compiler, I have also tested the Captcha add-on, Keyword-Rich URLs modes, File Attachments, Private Messages and Forums Checker. All add-ons went compiling smoothly, and the final output impresses me so far :) I'll continue to work on the other add-ons. Most possibly Unread messages indicator and Multiple Topics Action add-ons will be the next ones. If they will work, mostly all other stuff is easy to fix and align.

Author tom322
#5 | Posted: 14 Feb 2012 19:22 
Paul:
I have also went through the painful updating of Configurable Topic Form add-on, and now I can confirm it works well with miniBB 3.
Thank you :))

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 17 Feb 2012 18:21 
Today I've updated the following add-ons to make them fully compatible with miniBB 3.0:

- Signatures
- Multiple Topics action
- Moving Replies
- Merge Topics

I can confirm now these plugins are compatible with miniBB 3.0 and are nicely built with Compiler.

Further to that, I've discovered we can hide "Start New Topic" link until the forum has at least 5 topics. In that case, the new topic form is straight visible on the page, and the link confuses, because then it appears like it can't be clicked. It is not turned on if the Configurable Topic add-on is not installed.

The new rule is about updated bb_func_vtopic.php file which contains a new piece of code for such cases. This package change doesn't affect the current forum owners.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 22 Feb 2012 17:44 
Today I have updated the YouTube add-on.

Now it will have possibilities to paste the Embed code from the YouTube website directly (I'm about straight HTML code containing '<iframe...>'). It will provide possibility to paste the code with a proper video size immediately. Besides of it, it will be also possible to set the custom size in the BB code itself. That all should provide smooth resizing of YouTube video provided in a message post. Additionally to that, I've implemented a quick code which should not allow 'null' values in this BB-code, which may come after cancelling the prompt.

Study README file for more details.

The updated add-on also has a reworked BB-button in miniBB-style, and it's tested/compatible with Compiler.

Because of that, I have also a bit updated the miniBB core. bb_codes.php should contain '<iframe' value in $simpleCodes definition.

Author tom322
#8 | Posted: 22 Feb 2012 19:29 
I think it's a good youtube update, thank you. One small concern is that a jokester could enter 20000x10000 video size and that would break the layout (assuming that would actually work). One way or the other, it's easy to find the Suspend link (unless forum owner allows posting links for guest users too ;)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#9 | Posted: 22 Feb 2012 20:22 
tom322:
One small concern is that a jokester could enter 20000x10000 video size and that would break the layout...

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#10 | Posted: 28 Feb 2012 12:24 
Thanks again; I've updated the add-on to have a limitation to widths and heights.
Now you can't provide widths larger than 799 pixels and heights larger than 599 pixels.
I hope it can suit most of YouTube cases and not break the layout; if no, let me know :)
The code from bb_codes.encode.txt was updated for that. Enjoy.

Author tom322
#11 | Posted: 29 Feb 2012 21:09 
It's working good, thanks :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#12 | Posted: 16 Mar 2012 17:06 
Today I've had a bit of free time again and checked/worked out the Color Picker add-on. Also, it should work in Compiler. Actually there were no changes to this add-on, as it worked with miniBB 3 by default; except for the BB-button's icon, which is now replaced to the most stylish one.

Because of this change, I've taken closer attention to all available icons at the moment, and sort of fixed the icons for the default miniBB package (Bold, Italic, Image, URL), and for the YouTube/File Bank add-ons. On my end, it seems now even if they all are present on the form, they look smooth.

I have 5 BB-buttons from all other add-ons on hold now, after finishing them up I hope to put the final miniBB demo online.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#13 | Posted: 6 Apr 2012 16:07 
The work continues: today I've updated the "Direct Email" add-on's form to fit with the miniBB 3.0 layout, but the most important update affects the "Polls" add-on. Regarding all layout updates for miniBB add-ons, it was probably the most complicated.

Now it contains a new BB-button-like icon for creating the Poll (in the miniBB-3 style); it also contains a new functionality to update the cache of all Polls at once, that specially useful when designing Polls look. I've updated the English language pack and almost all templates of this add-on, to make them unified with miniBB 3 and achieve more accuracy in details. Specifically, colorful bars will not be displayed now for options having zero votes.

Almost no code updates were made, except that the code for $pollsPopUpLink from bb_plugins.code is now updated to be pasted directly between <!--BBJSBUTTONS-->...<!--/BBJSBUTTONS--> code of main_post_form template. That way the Polls button will look similar to the BB buttons bar and complete the miniBB style ;) I have also updated/tested the Compiler to have the Polls completely embeddable into the new version.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#14 | Posted: 9 Apr 2012 17:26 
Vimeo solution was updated today, to have:

- miniBB-3-style button

- updated embedding codes, similarly to the current YouTube version; now it's possible to embed Vimeo also straight by copying their Share code and provide specific size for the video in the code itself

- the solution is embedded into Compiler now. I've tested it through Compiler on my end, and it looks/works nice so far.

It can be tested on minibb demo now, but only without a button for a while.

At this point I am also discontinuing the support of Auto-Tab and Preformat solution. They were not my codes, and since they are requested almost never, I can't support them any longer. Instead, in the next few days, I will develop the solution for "highlighting" the code, which is now embedded in default miniBB ([hl] tag) but still doesn't have a button or extra code to handle it properly.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#15 | Posted: 11 Apr 2012 14:21 
Today I've worked out the styled BB-button for the "Bulleted List" solution, and it's now tested and confirmed to work with miniBB 3 in full. Also, this add-on was updated in Compiler.

The new solution/add-on, as promised, comes for the default [hl] tag of miniBB and is created to "Highlight Text". It's available in Downloads and was tested in Compiler as well. The button will appear for logged members only, and this is also an example of how it's possible to set up the button visible to members only. It's available to check/use on miniBB forums now. Like to mention again, this little add-on will be a temporary or constant replacement for "Auto-Tabbing" and "Preformatted Text" solutions which are no longer supported.

I was testing the whole pack of "Extra Buttons / BB Codes" section of the Compiler today, and now I can confirm that if compiled altogether, Color Picker, YouTube, Vimeo, Bulleted Lists and Highlighting work nice :) the work will be continued on other add-ons this week.

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 
News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 Premium add-ons are being updated for miniBB 3.0
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑