| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /  

"Thanks" Button

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3

Author Prince
Partaker
#31 | Posted: 13 Jul 2011 11:16 
Paul:
but I can't develop the add-on just for two people.
Maybe a lot of people will like it and purchase it from you.. it's pretty good add-on for forums ;)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#32 | Posted: 14 Jul 2011 03:27 
Let's say that you think it's a good add-on; unfortunately, I think otherwise. It's not an addition to forums. On forums, the message's text is the most important thing. "Thanks" buttons and ratings make the community very subjective.

Author Prince
Partaker
#33 | Posted: 14 Jul 2011 08:35 
Paul:
Let's say that you think it's a good add-on
It was just an Idea.. and everyone can give Ideas or suggestions.. and of course it's up to you to make decision for your forum :)

Actually I didn't know about it first, just my users said and explained for me and I thought if it's available I can buy it if not.. that's ok though :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#34 | Posted: 15 Jul 2011 07:55 
Prince:
It was just an Idea
I would correct you again :) It is an idea. And I will consider developing it, if it will make more sense. Right now, miniBB requires completely other area remakes.

Prince:
just my users said and explained for me
How many users told you that? I bet they were just a couple. So it's not the valid tactics to give just couple of users what they want.

Author Prince
Partaker
#35 | Posted: 16 Jul 2011 17:14 
Paul:
I would correct you again :) It is an idea.
LOL :D ...

Paul:
So it's not the valid tactics to give just couple of users what they want.
I agree with you :)

Author horaizon
Partaker
#36 | Posted: 2 Aug 2011 14:36 
Thank A simple but very meaningful.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#37 | Posted: 3 Aug 2011 15:56 
horaizon:
A simple but very meaningful
Excuse me, but how to consider it?
Simple or meaningful - what? :))

Author Prince
Partaker
#38 | Posted: 3 Aug 2011 18:26 
Hello,

I've another suggestion also.

Maybe if you consider it in future:

Adding some thing in posts or topics that facebook also using it. it's "like" button for comments.

So replace of thanks button could be a "Like" and who likes the topic clicks on "Like".

For example it shows: 10 People likes this, when we click on that, it opens on a pop up window to see who liked it.

Or if it not possible, so it could be for photo gallery also, who likes the photo..

Because all other forums have thanks button, but MiniBB be the first forum has "Like".

So it might be a good idea :)

Regards

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#39 | Posted: 4 Aug 2011 09:16 
So if Facebook is already using it, why not just to plug it in? It's better to be ranked in a big community rather than a private community.

But yes, it might be a good idea indeed. Worth considering :) Thanks.

Author doobbe
Partaker
#40 | Posted: 29 Jan 2012 07:20 
astass:
So that visitors can put "thanks". Need a button. It is tied to the session. On a separate page you can see who put thanks. And if I make a place where there will be records for the projects that we thank you. That would be super. This is the system reputation.
A "Like" button/system is better than "Thanks"

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#41 | Posted: 31 Jan 2012 11:52 
doobbe:
A "Like" button/system is better than "Thanks"
Good point. Let's have some time, and there will come something else probably ;)

I think "Thanks" there just stand for "Yes" in "liking". Liking adds "no", which is more obvious way to rate the content basing on visitors votes.

I personally "like" it and can't deny something like this could work well as the miniBB add-on. But I'm considering to put it not just for miniBB messages, but for the whole forums and may be even for any standalone web-page, which would allow to completely control voting on any part of your content. If such add-on would be easy to set-up and overview, it would be great, and would deserve a good price ;)

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 "Thanks" Button
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑