Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#16 | Posted: 21 Jan 2012 12:37 
Thanks Tom, perfect ;o)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#17 | Posted: 23 Jan 2012 12:03 
Whatever I have to note, is that on my end, capMenu's font-size property purely works. If I make the font larger, it also becomes larger in the forums menu. Adding font-size property to the A tag definition, as tom suggested, works the same way.

It may be really up to your customization. Try to have a slightly unmodified version and test how it works, before trying to understand what you did wrong.

Author tom322
#18 | Posted: 23 Jan 2012 17:03 
Paul:
capMenu's font-size property purely works
For me it works too ;). It's most likely related to another CSS class inside this area. But that's the issue of customization.

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#19 | Posted: 23 Jan 2012 18:16 
I agree there must be something wrong somewhere with my customisation - but I can't see it yet.

I will keep looking and report back.

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#20 | Posted: 24 Jan 2012 04:24 
Steve Shaw:
Changing capMenu font size has no effect at all
The font size defined for td.capMenu affects only non-hyperlinked text in the cell; to adjust the size of hyperlinked text in the cell, modify the font size in the following rule:
.capMenu A:link, .capMenu A:visited, .capMenu A:active, .capMenu A:hover {text-decoration:none;color:#000000;font-size:value;}

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#21 | Posted: 24 Jan 2012 11:24 
marsbar:
The font size defined for td.capMenu affects only non-hyperlinked text in the cell
IF the font-size is not defined in A elements, then it should work for any text present. At least this is something I remember from CSS structure :)

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#22 | Posted: 24 Jan 2012 13:06 
Paul:
IF the font-size is not defined in A elements, then it should work for any text present. At least this is something I remember from CSS structure :)
Yes: if no font-size is specified for .capMenu a: elements, then the links should inherit the font size of its parent (td.capMenu). However, when that fails for some reason--such as in Steve's case--the quick way around the problem may just be ...

either:

1) specify font size for .capMenu a: elements

or

2) if font size for td.capMenu is already specified, explicitly specify "font-size: inherit" for .capMenu a: elements.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#23 | Posted: 24 Jan 2012 13:59 
Or as written above 3) Analyze the customized code and investigate why it doesn't inherit the font-size property at the time when it should :)

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#24 | Posted: 24 Jan 2012 15:03 
Paul:
Or as written above 3) Analyze the customized code and investigate why it doesn't inherit the font-size property at the time when it should :)
Yes, getting to the bottom of the problem would the way to go to find a solution instead of a workaround. :-)
The font size declared in the a:link rule in Steve's lightillusion.css, which is loaded after his miniBB stylesheet), may be the culprit here.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#25 | Posted: 24 Jan 2012 16:45 
Yes, if CSS is loaded after, there may come something from here... Anyway, a simple (temporary) solution may also work out.
Thanks for your suggestions!

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 "Subject" has a strange mouse-over effect
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑